Would you buy a cd from this lady

scarlett-johansson.jpg

http://www.antimusic.com/news/08/april/23J..._Yourself.shtml

Can't say that i have listened yet to the samples offered here, but there was an available track in the free cd offered by the french mag Les Inrockuptibles a few weeks ago, thought it was intriguing, then again i'm a sucker for actresses who put their voices to music.

So, what's the verdict ?

I'm a big Tom Waits fan, and I found her cover of "Falling Down" dull and unremarkable.

I'm looking forward to the new Woody Allen comedy, with Scarlett Johansson and Penelope Cruz, presented today at the Cannes Film Festival.

I'm a big Tom Waits fan, and I found her cover of "Falling Down" dull and unremarkable.

I'm looking forward to the new Woody Allen comedy, with Scarlett Johansson and Penelope Cruz, presented today at the Cannes Film Festival.

Yep, I agree on both, though the late Allen's movies aren't such great IMO. Never dull? Yes. Enjoyable? Yes, but not great.

Seriously, I had no idea that Johansson was that breasty.

I didn't think it was possible not to.

Well, this side of Dolly Parton, I never really know for sure (given the wonders of modern garment technology) until I actually see them, and I don't recall seeing that much of Johanssen before.

I listened to some samples. Her voice is okay, certainly not great by any standard. What really makes this record such a drag (and least on the few tracks I heard) are the limp arrangements. If she's going to sing everything in a low monotone, at least jazz up the arrangement!

OK, but I don't recall her looking quite that way in the movies I've seen her in ("Lost in Translation" and some others whose names I don't recall).

photo from Lost In Translation - the sweater is kind of a giveaway.

post-382-1211077418_thumb.jpg

Edited by Shawn

When I opened this thread there was a notice at the bottom of some of the postings that said I was using a MAC and Safari, gave my ip address and said that Van Basten knew about it. I tried to copy the note it into this post but couldn't.

What the fuck is that all about?

Edited by medjuck

When I opened this thread there was a notice at the bottom of some of the postings that said I was using a MAC and Safari, gave my ip address and said that Van Basten knew about it. I tried to copy the note it into this post but couldn't.

What the fuck is that all about?

http://www.danasoft.com/

I had the same reaction, it's a little gimmik that mirrors your IP address back to you (everyone sees their own IP address). It's safe.

Edited by Shawn