Organissimo at the Bird

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to thank you for the great show last night. You guys were ON for sure.

Really liked those beautiful ballads, "Lifewish," "Tenderly," and that other one by Larry Hinds? (forgot the song name.) I turned to Ruby and said (of Randy's cymbal work) "sounds like raindrops." Beautiful stuff.

On the faster tracks, "Decoder" was obviously the big highlight. When you guys play your own songs, you dig in and you all go into your own worlds connected to each other it seems only by your ears! "Soul Woman" kicked. Good guitar work there, Joe.

That other Larry Young tune that I was trying to identify actually is your own song with Larry Young in the title. I have the cd out in the car, so I don't have the names in front of me.

"Clap Yo Hands" sounds great live without the sax. ;) Actually, I would like to hear your fourth partner live someday.

Funny how artists perfect their recorded songs while playing live. Your version of "Decoder" has gotten even better. I'm sure you already recognize that.

"Mellow Mood" is a great tune of course.

Probably won't be able to make it this evening. Blow the place out for me!

Thanks! :rlol

It was great to see you and your friends, Paul. Thank you for the compliments. From my perspective, it was sort of an uneven night, musically speaking. But I've learned to just go with it, because the people listening have a different set of criteria than the musicians do. You're listening to what is actually being played, while we sometimes are too aware of what we are trying to play. Dig? That's why when people tell a musician, "You sound good tonight", the response might be, :angry: "No I don't!" :huh::D

So I feel better after reading your comments. :tup

Yes, thank you Paul. It's always nice to have friends in the house. That stage is kind of weird and both Randy and I were having problems hearing my bass but there were some magical moments for sure. It's always a joy playing with my boys regardless of technical problems! :)

I love playing our original tunes because, like you said, we do have a tendency to dig in to them and let it all hang out!

Blake was supposed to be on this gig but the club owner is cheap and didn't want to pay for him. :tdown Oh well. One day he won't be able to hire us so cheaply either!!!! :g