Ice Road Truckers

Okay, so after the end of last season I swore off this show because it never seemed to have much going on other than some cranky drivers and the risk of falling through the ice.

But, the second season has these dudes driving over the Arctic Ocean. Can't say if this show is a must watch, but they've peaked my curiosity.

Wiki has some important details.

A 21-year-old ice road rookie, Tilcox is vocal about how he hates the cold, the ice, and about being on the ice road for the experience, not the money. Tilcox has been trucking since age 16, and decided to try ice road trucking after seeing an advertisement in the paper. By his own admission, Tilcox is a "very nervous" person, a fact made evident by his inability to urinate during his drug screening.

... they've peaked my curiosity.

"Piqued", not peaked. (Though your curiosity may have reached a peak). :rolleyes:

First time I've probably ever written or used the word, so I'm clueless.

I figured a dude watching a TV show about trucks driving over frozen lakes and oceans would get cut some slack.

Obviously I was wrong. ;)

Thanks for the correction.

... they've peaked my curiosity.

"Piqued", not peaked. (Though your curiosity may have reached a peak). :rolleyes:

First time I've probably ever written or used the word, so I'm clueless.

I figured a dude watching a TV show about trucks driving over frozen lakes and oceans would get cut some slack.

Obviously I was wrong. ;)

Thanks for the correction.

You're welcome. Thank you for receiving the correction with the right attitude.

Maybe I've read too many "Word Of The Day"-type things, or Reader's Digest vocabulary-builders. I know I can be a pest on language/spelling, but it has the same effect on me as out-of-tune singers and players...

The second series hasn't reached the UK yet. Watched most of series one, I agree with Uncle Skid, much too repetetive. Would have made an interesting documentary if it were cut down to an hour or two. I'll probably give series two an audition though.

The second series hasn't reached the UK yet. Watched most of series one, I agree with Uncle Skid, much too repetetive. Would have made an interesting documentary if it were cut down to an hour or two. I'll probably give series two an audition though.

I'm giving it three episodes. I'll still expect it to be repetetive, but since this is a new experience for the drivers from season 1, it is interesting to watch the learning curve.

It's still no Deadliest Catch though.

I'm a genuine sucker for Ice Road Truckers, Deadliest Catch and my own personal favorites, Ghost Hunters and Paranormal State. I was surprised when IRT showed up again for a second season. You'll notice that the guys you're most used to seeing (Hugh and Alex) are working for another outfit. There's a reason for this. The company they were with last year, Tli Cho Transportation, banned filming from inside the cabs. That pretty much trashed the drama that developed during the drives. I'm guessing the TV guys persuaded Hugh and Alex to go to work for a different company that had no such restrictions. They just replaced some of the other familiar, but B-level guys like T.J. Tilcox with new drivers. I did find it almost laughable when the new guys treated Hugh like some kind of wet-behind-the-ears rookie.

Up over and out.

Paced too fast and too much drama for me. At least I tried.

Better take a week off and recuperate!

It's the stress of life on the road. Too much time away from the net wondering how that EmmyLou thread is doing.