US Open 2008

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it was a good final. Serena didn't drop a set, which is impressive when considering Venus and Jankovic in the ranks. I thought it was kind of amusing how Jelena wanted more time on the mike. She needed to make it to a final to at least give a non-point tally reason to justify her no. 2 ranking-so congrats to her for achieving that!

13 big ones. Made history tonight with five consecutive US Open grand slam titles. And what a class act; Roger always has positive remarks for his opponents and the game.

When is the last time someone wasn't gracious toward their opponent during the ceremony? I'm not saying Roger hasn't always been a class act but I wouldn't say that's the best example of it.

Anyway, glad that he showed everyone that reports of his demise were premature. I enjoyed watching Murray beat Nadal but someone needs to tie him down and shave that pathetic excuse for a beard off. Even if he only grows it during the tournament - even Borg wasn't that patchy.

When is the last time someone wasn't gracious toward their opponent during the ceremony?

Not necessarily during a ceremony, but Djokovic comes immediately to mind when he chastised Roddick last week for his innocuous comments on his 'injuries' even though Roddick said he was kidding around. Djokovic managed to get an entire stadium to boo at him. I never thought Djokovic's impersonations of Sharapova and Nadal were in good taste either. But, that's just me.

Edited by Holy Ghost

When is the last time someone wasn't gracious toward their opponent during the ceremony?

Not necessarily during a ceremony, but Djokovic comes immediately to mind when he chastised Roddick last week for his innocuous comments on his 'injuries' even though Roddick said he was kidding around. Djokovic managed to get an entire stadium to boo at him. I never thought Djokovic's impersonations of Sharapova and Nadal were in good taste either. But, that's just me.

Yeah well I should have explicitly disqualified anyone who looks like a Serbian serial killer. Federer beating Nadal would have been the cherry on top but whipping Djokovic was pleasant in and of itself.

WTF

USA or CBS didn't show the final?

was that the plan or was it from the rain delays and such.......

we can't watch the US Open in the freaking USA....LOL

It may have been up to local affiliates to give clearance but CBS absolutely broadcast the Final. So if your local affiliate showed Oprah instead, bitch at them.