Huge CD, LP sale

This just in for our mid and south-east Michigan folks from former WEMU DJ Michael G. Nastos (one of my favorites on that station when I lived in Ann Arbor from 2000 until 2001):

Because of worsening economic conditions, I am selling many of my collectibles at the upcoming Monster Record & CD Show, taking place Sunday, October 12 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Weber's Inn, 3050 Jackson Rd., off the I-94 Jackson exit (east or westbound) on the far west side of Ann Arbor.

Among the items in jazz, blues, rock, comedy, world and various other music styles will be cassettes, photos, t-shirts, magazines, a huge collection of picture sleeve, colored vinyl and rare 45's, posters, some autographed pieces, VCR's, CD's and some oddities.

I invite list members to come out, as I'm sure there will be something you'd want to own. Everything will be priced reasonably - mostly in the $1-3 or $5-10 range. I am also in the process of auctioning off my entire collection of 1,000 rock LP's. A list will be there to peruse, or I could e-mail it to you.

If there are any artists you have specific interest in, please let me know in advance, and I will set them aside.

As much as this is something I would rather not do, the financial climate here in Michigan is forcing me to offer these items to music fans who would like to obtain one-of-a-kind collectibles you will likely not find anywhere else.

Weber's is easy to locate if you have never been there. Their phone number is (734) 665-3636. Please come out and hang with me, as you know I love to talk about music, and take advantage of this opprtunity.

Michael G. Nastos

mnastos@emich.edu

Michael is a great person and has done a lot over the years to support jazz and local musicians. He writes for the AMG as well as other publications. I'm hoping we can make a stop on our way back from South Bend on Sunday. Any other board members in the area should consider going.