NYC O-board members: Did any of you personally see the plane...

This guy is a true hero.

And the way the way the whole affair went down speaks volumes to the benefits of individuals and organizations spending the time and money to train and otherwise get people ready to handle the unlikely and/or unexpected. Too much of American life, personal and business, is geared towards playing the odds, with an eye towards anything else being viewed as a "luxury" or something "we don't have the resources for" or something like that. This incident shows that, yea, sometimes things do go wrong, and that yes, having people and procedures in place who are well-prepared for when they do does make a difference. When the shit hits the fan, proactivity beats reactivity damn near every time (sic)!

Whether or not the positive principles displayed throughout this event proves a symbolic prelude to the upcoming change in administrations remains to be seen, but god, one certainly hopes so.

I share an office with an idiot with a TV.

On Thursday afternoon at 4pm, he was fascinated by the news coverage of this event.

On Friday, he was pissed off because a news conference by Mayor Bloomberg was preempting Jerry Springer.

dB

What I find amazing is that the captain was the last person off the plane and exited ONLY after making sure everyone had got off the plane safely. I would like to think that I would have acted in the same manner as the pilot but I something tells me I probably would have acted more like George Costanza....

• 4 weeks later...