What are you listening to on Lala, Spotify, last.fm and Deezer?

A Lark Ascending

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that I've dealt with the first wave of finds on Spotify, I decided to follow Nico's example and register with Deezer as well. First find: Archie Shepp's Four for Trane, which is neither in my record collection nor on Spotify. If Bev follows suit, he might wish to change the title of this thread again, as I'll be reporting my Deezer listening here, as Nico is already doing. :)

Haven't tried Deezer yet but have changed the thread title to encompass it.

warwick university seems like a pleasant place! like it that the maths building really looks like a maths building with lots of funny angles and curves... the joe albany album is a fine one... his daughter's childhood autobiography (discussed in some old thread) is one of the most disturbing books i have read in recent years...

Jim Pepper - The Paths

Ikue Mori/Zeena Parkins - Phantom Orchard

Now that I've dealt with the first wave of finds on Spotify, I decided to follow Nico's example and register with Deezer as well. First find: Archie Shepp's Four for Trane, which is neither in my record collection nor on Spotify. If Bev follows suit, he might wish to change the title of this thread again, as I'll be reporting my Deezer listening here, as Nico is already doing. :)

In fact Four for Trane is on Spotify.

By the way, is the Spotify thread a ghetto for folks who are too cheap to "own" things? ;)

Before long we'll be getting lumped together with the Andorran pirates, and all that goes with it...

Bud Powell - In Copenhagen

those storyville albums were an unexpected surprise (as were the selected tzadiks...)

Yep!

Continuing with Ben Webster - Master of Jazz Vol. 4 (storyville)

webster at pios ; ammons in sweden (enja)

Carmen Mcrae 24 Pure Gold (Tomato Records :g )

Hank Mobley, Peckin' Time (Spotify)

(Spotify for Mobley; Deezer for Ammons :) )

First time I've heard Peckin' Time. It's good, isn't it? Lee Morgan and Wynton Kelly perform really well, as does Charli Persip, an unusual drummer on this sort of Blue Note session.

The Jon Eardley Seven (a rare (?) example of an ojc that's on spotify but not on deezer... had only seen the other way round so far)

deezer has worse sound quality (found that somewhere on the web can't hear it) but no commercial breaks (just visual advertising on the page, no pop-ups either)

here are deezer searches for enrico rava and gene ammons to convince all but billf that they need both...

http://www.deezer.com/#music/result/all/enrico%20rava

http://www.deezer.com/#music/result/all/gene%20ammons