Art Pepper - Complete Village Vanguard Sessions

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My order was cancelled due to lack of stock. Bummer.

That's odd, they still show that 9 are available on their web site. If they're really out of stock, they better get it updated. On a subsequent order, I ordered 2 items that had an inventory of 1. Their system updated on those 2 items in a matter of hours while the items were still sitting in my cart.

Edited by mikelz777

I ordered mine a couple of days ago, when they said they still had nine Pepper sets in stock, along with Evans's The Secret Sessions, which I regretted selling years ago (but I used the funds to finance the Cecil/Neidlinger Mosaic, so the regrets are minimal). I haven't received a shipping confirmation for either. I'm hoping that the orders will go through. At those prices ($11.74 for the Pepper and $19.98 for the Evans) both sets would be a steal.

Edited by martini

I ordered on the morning of the 13th, got the shipping notice on the 15th, and it arrived today. First time I've seen such a large box set shipped in a bubble wrap envelope. Had to pay sales tax, so the grand total was $12.65.

Regarding used or new: the contents are in fact brand new and untouched, yet they took the shrink wrap off the box just so that they can place two "used" stickers on it and reshrink it again. One sticker is covering the UPC, which they've blacked out with a marker and cut the paper shallowly around it, such that if you tried removing that sticker, chances are the UPC will come with it. This method is much preferred over a saw cut in my opinion.

This is the first time I've ordered from this company. It won't be the last. A steal of a deal. Thanks for the tip!

--Tom

Why did I not get one, then? I ordered on the 15th. Is availability regional?

I'd recommend contacting them and asking them why your order was cancelled due to unavailability when their web site still indicates that there are 9 available.

Edited by mikelz777

My order says "shipped" on the 13th at the web site, but I've never received an e-mail confirmation nor a notice that the copy of East Coasting I ordered was cancelled. :blink: Should I worry?

Not yet. I'm guessing that since their shipping notice says that it can take 1-3 weeks that they'll expect you to wait that long before contacting them about the order.

I placed orders for 2 box sets a day or two apart and just received both. The Art Pepper box was mint and looked brand new but had a used sticker on it and a sticker over the blacked-out/cut bar code. The other box set was Willie Nelson's "Complete Ghost". It too was marked with a used sticker but the three discs in the heavy cardoard sleeve are all still shrink-wrapped with those annoying disc ID stickers along the top edge so it was actually a brand new set. The bar code wasn't even blacked out when I removed the store sticker.

Edited by mikelz777