Jazz in Paris box set

Sorry to hear about that mistake, guys! Make sure you get the Byrd one! These two CDs are among my favorites!

Another on you ought to get: Sacha Distel, Jazz guitarist, hors série 01 (which makes me hope there will be some more hors série releases!)

A very fine 2CD set including stellar playing by Distel (nowadays known as a chansonnioner), Bobby Jaspar and several other musicians. You can find a more detailed discussion of it by doing search on "Sacha Distel" (sorry, I have some problem and cannot include links here in my posts anymore).

The "Jazz guitarist" 2CD set is available at amazon.fr for 15 euros.

ubu

I just wrote a mail to the president of Universal France - his was the only e-mail address I could find.  :g

Let's see what, if anything, happens.

One could also just go out and buy that one. I assume outside of the box set, all the other digipacks seem to have the right content?

Cheers!

Well, here's my mail and the quick and nice answer I received from Universal France:

Dear Sir,

I'm writing to this address because it is the only contact address I could find on your website.

For Christmas I bought myself both the "Jazz in Paris" CD-Boxes (one with 75, one with 25 CDs). I'm very happy with them and I'm glad that Universal France has completed this huge reissue project.

Problem: Disc 05, "Donald Byrd quintet. Parisian thoroughfare" does NOT have the correct CD inside of the cover (other friends of the former Blue Note Forum in the USA have the SAME ERROR). The disc included is "Henry Crolla & co, Notre ami Django". This CD is alo in the box again later under its real number.

I would be very happy if you could advise me as to how I could obtain the missing CD, as both boxes were quite an investment for a private person and I would like to have them complete.

Thank you for your time and help,

Sincerely,

Volkher Hofmann

Here's the answer:

Dear sir,

Thank you for your comments on our series "Jazz in Paris".

We are very sorry of the error in your cd-box, and we are going to mail you a correct copy of Donald Byrd "Parisian Thoroughfare".

If you know some other persons to whom this problem has happened, please let them know that if they send us the wrong copy of the Donald Byrd cd, we'll send them at once the good copy of the cd.

Later on, we'll keep them informed of the new "Jazz In Paris" releases and we'll send them a cd as a gift.

Thank you very much for having sent us this information.

All the best,

Dominique Bernard

Universal Music Jazz France

Dominique Bernard

20 rue des Fosses Saint Jacques

75005 Paris

France

Dominique.bernard@umusic.com

I just recieved my free copy of "Donald Byrd Quintet: Parisian Thoroughfare" from a Mr. Dominique Bernard, who also included a handwritten postcard, excusing the error in the box.

Talk about some damn fine service!!!!!

Cheers!

P.S.: And, if I'm not totally mistaken, it is this Dominique Bernard.

P.S.: Always covering my tracks, I also wrote to Universal Germany. They contacted me straight away and let me know that although they did not sell the Paris Box in Germany, they would also send me a copy of the CD, so I would continue to be a happy Universal customer (as if I wasn't that already ... while typing this, I am looking directly at a larger number of Universal Deluxe editions, for example). So, if anyone else has problems with the Paris Box, I might have a Donald Byrd CD to spare ... PM me if you hit the wall like Peter and I did.

And three cheers for Universal France and Germany!

:party::party::party:

Has anyone found a stateside distributor for the 25 disc set? I'm itching to spend some $$ :P

I thought I would also ask if anyone has found a distributor in the U.S. for the

25 CD box set. I emailed Dusty Groove, and they said they wanted to carry it but were having with the foreign distributor. (I have been having much trouble receiving items from Europe in the last two months, so will probably pass on ordering from amazon.fr.)

I did, however, order the 75 CD box set from BestBuy and am picking that up today. Some of the other sites mentioned in the post now say the item is sold out or unavailable. Towerrecords.com was having a sale the last time I checked, but I had already placed the BestBuy order.

• 2 weeks later...