Jazz in Paris box set

AFAIK there's nothing extra besides a big cardboard box with the Eiffel tower on it. You should note that there have been 25 additional titles issued. I would have picked it up had I known earlier that I would be spending so much on this series. The box was offered at a special price way back when this whole thing started. I didn't have the dough and I thought I could do with a dozen or so titles.

Yeah, sure... make that more than even just a couple of dozen as we speak...

I have the 75 CD (76** CD, actually),box which I purchased from Dusty Groove at a cost of $399. I've since seen it selling for as little as $299 -- I believe at Dusty Groove.

What Avatar Master couw notes is true: No additional stuff when you buy this box.

** ON THE EDIT: BEING NEW TO THE WHOLE MATH THING ( :winky: ), JUST HAD ANOTHER COUNT AND THERE ARE INDEED 75 CDs IN THIS SET.

Edited by Chaney

I'm seeing the set listed on a few sites but all at $500+. The vibes-spotted listing may be the one to beat.

While I haven't done an exhaustive search for prices on the individual CDs, it looks like each is now priced higher than in the past. That would account for the box costing more.

GADS! The always-pricey Footlight Records is asking for $16.95 ( :tdown ) for the title I'm listening to right now!

"Jazz & cinema vol. 3" :tup

25626.jpg

Unfortunately, with this set having been released around sixteen months ago, the window of opportunity may have closed.

I'm largely unfamiliar with this series. How is the variety, in terms of different styles? Sound quality? Is picking up this behemoth of a box worth the investment? Also, does anyone know of a website that contains a complete artist/track listing for the box? I haven't been able to find much information on this one. Thanks in advance.

Vibes, have you seen this thread:

http://www.organissimo.org/forum/index.php...?showtopic=4062

Extensive discussion of the series.

I'm a big fan of this series. The sound is very good, or rather the remastering is very good, and the sound is varied by sources, most sounding very good indeed. A wonderful horn of jazz plenty!

deus, great find! I just got the box today from a fellow board member for a bit more, but what a treat!

Once again this board has convinced me to part with my hard-earned money . . .

. . . and I couldn't be happier :D

I got lots 'o listening in store for the weekend :excited:

I'm largely unfamiliar with this series. How is the variety, in terms of different styles? Sound quality? Is picking up this behemoth of a box worth the investment? Also, does anyone know of a website that contains a complete artist/track listing for the box? I haven't been able to find much information on this one. Thanks in advance.

A new 25 CD box is coming out on the 3rd of Dec.

If you can't afford the 76cds box this could be a good alternative.

We will have to wait until the 3rd of December to find out what the box consist of.

Should me good, maybe it is the "Best off Jazz in Paris"

Keep checking on www.amazon.fr

Coffret 25 CD : Coffret de Noël Jazz In Paris - 25 CD qui racontent l'histoire du jazz au fil de la Seine - Edition limitée

Artistes Divers

Notre prix : EUR 139,93

• 3 weeks later...

A new 25 CD box is coming out on the 3rd of Dec.

If you can't afford the 76cds box this could be a good alternative.

We will have to wait until the 3rd of December to find out what the box consist of.

Should me good, maybe it is the "Best off Jazz in Paris"

Keep checking on www.amazon.fr

Coffret 25 CD : Coffret de Noël Jazz In Paris - 25 CD qui racontent l'histoire du jazz au fil de la Seine - Edition limitée

Artistes Divers

Notre prix : EUR 139,93

Saw the box on December 2.

As expected, it has the last 25 albums of the original series.

It thus contains:

77 - Lester Young Last Message

78 - Don Byas

79 - Stan Getz Quartet in Paris

80 - Henri Crolla

81 - Elek Bacsik - Nuages

82 - Stephane Grappelli and Stuff Smith

83 - Sarah Vaughan and Strings

84 - Dizzy Gillespie and Strings

85 - Bobby Jaspar Jeux de Quartes

86 - Gerard Badini Swing Machine

87 - Stephane Grappelli Django

88 - Gus Viseur

89 - Henri Crolla

90 - Django Reinhardt St-Germain des Pres

91 - Django Reinhardt Nuages

92 - Jack Dieval

93 - Bernard Peiffer Trio

94 - Blossom Dearie/Les Blue Stars

95 - Sammy Price and Doc Cheatham

96 - Max Roach Parisian Sketches

97 - Andre Hodeir Jazz et Jazz

98 - Jazz et Cinema, vol. 4

99 - Harlem Piano in Montmartre

100 - Jazz Sous l'Occupation

101 - Joe Newman/Cootie Williams

No additional material

• 1 month later...

Thanks to Deus62, who hipped me to a set on ebay.de, I also acquired the 75 disc box for 199e (plus 40e shipping) or $301. :):):):):):) A great price on what is, based on the 1st 4 discs, a great box. I've not seen the new 25 disc box anywhere? Can anyone out there suggest a source? Thanks.

Edited by Peter

No. 8 is the Chet Baker one which was apparently taken out for copyright reasons. But, it was still widely available the last time I looked.

BTW: I also bought myself the last 25-CD set just after Christmas ... and just before they raised the price considerably on amazon.fr. Now it almost costs what I paid for the mint 75-CD set on eBay last year. :g

I now have almost exactly one whole shelf-length of Jazz in Paris.

Wonderful.

Colourful.

Cheers!