BFT 64 Signup

Dan Gould

Hopefully the fourth time will be the charm. :g

Seriously though, this will be my last BFT, and while it has the expected grease factor, I've gone for an interesting mix of relative rarities that certain people will get because they know them but others will probably be grateful for the chance to hear, I also suspect that there are more than the usual number of "gimmes" so if you want to feel good that you got some right, feel free to join in. And since this is the last one I'll do, I decided to expand on the concept of having a "faux Gene Harris" and a "real Gene Harris" track. I've programmed a whole mini-set I refer to as "Is it Gene or Is It Memorex?" :g

Its a two disc BFT, please PM me if you want to participate. Big Al, the Head Honcho of All Things BFT, will handle CD duplication and mailing, so if you'd like hard copies rather than a download, please post as soon as possible as I still need to get master discs to him.

Update:

If this will nudge anyone towards participating, I did some final rejiggering of the CD and ultimately added an exceptionally cool and extraordinarily rare recording to one disc which already has at least two others that few people have heard.

Al - I'll be burning the final versions and mailing to you by Wednesday. Hopefully we'll get a few who request the burned disc option.

Is it OK with everyone if I use WinRAR to compress the two discs? I lost my copy of WinZip when we reinstalled our operating system last year. If anyone doesn't have a program to extract a RAR archive, I'll include links to a couple of options in my email with the download links.

Thanks in advance

hello dan gould and everyone here at the forum! i've heard good things and am looking forward to joining the space. this is my maiden post.

this BFT thing seems like a very, very cool idea. i'd love to get in on it. i'm new here so i'm not sure exactly what to do. the "hard copy" would be great but not necessary i guess if i'm too late. do i message someone my address, or does someone send me links if the hard copy thing ain't happening?

i await info and i'm excited to check out this forum. cheers...

hello dan gould and everyone here at the forum! i've heard good things and am looking forward to joining the space. this is my maiden post.

this BFT thing seems like a very, very cool idea. i'd love to get in on it. i'm new here so i'm not sure exactly what to do. the "hard copy" would be great but not necessary i guess if i'm too late. do i message someone my address, or does someone send me links if the hard copy thing ain't happening?

Oh boy ... maiden post, first BFT - and its my BFT, which decidedly has some "surprising" tune selections. I hope I don't make thedwork think the BFTs aren't worth a damn. ;)

Anyway, thanks for joining up! Its not too late for you to get discs rather than download links. To send me your address, click on the pull down menu to the right of my name, and choose "send message". Give me your mailing address, and discs will be sent early next week. If you are OK with downloads (there won't be a difference in sound quality as both are made up mp3s), I will send you the download links via private message instead, whichever you prefer.

Welcome to the forum!

Updated signup list:

Bright Moments

Jim S.

Jim R.

Mike Weil (do you want discs, Mike? I need your address!)

WorldB3

RDK

The Grand Pooh Bah of the BFT, Big Al

Soul Stream

Bill Barton

Ubu The King ;)

Alex.

thedwork

Looking more and more like a party, but there's plenty of room left so please post here or PM me if you'd like to join in.

Oh boy ... maiden post, first BFT - and its my BFT, which decidedly has some "surprising" tune selections. I hope I don't make thedwork think the BFTs aren't worth a damn. ;)

Anyway, thanks for joining up! Its not too late for you to get discs rather than download links. To send me your address, click on the pull down menu to the right of my name, and choose "send message". Give me your mailing address, and discs will be sent early next week. If you are OK with downloads (there won't be a difference in sound quality as both are made up mp3s), I will send you the download links via private message instead, whichever you prefer.

Welcome to the forum!

way cool dan. i sent you a message.