New Cecil Taylor & Tony Oxley 2LP

alppila

Thanks for the heads up about this LP. It is spendy, but I imagine it will hold its value and then some in the coming years. It would also be nice to see a CD box of those 10 hours of tapes to which they refer on the site. It would be a nice complement to the great 2 T's set.

I have plenty of Cecil on my shelves that I haven't yet gotten to know well, so I don't need a vanity/collector's item. I hope that those who go for the set will be moved by it, and that Mr. Taylor and Mr. Oxley see a good financial return from the project.

That's pretty much how I feel, too. Gotta dig into the 1988 box set I got last year on Ebay.

• 1 month later...

Anybody have any status update on this?

I purchased this on April 2.

The eBay listing states, "Your commitment to Buy It Now and payment via Paypal entitles you to the following:

1. Your order is guaranteed and will be shipped as soon as the project is ready.

2. You will receive an e-mail confirmation of your purchase, with the latest projection (an estimate) on delivery date, and including the number of your copy/ies."

I paid via PayPa, but I did not receive an e-mail confirmation of the purchase.

These sorts of things have delays, so patience is advisable. But I still have not received the set nor any communications.

I have e-mailed the seller twice in the last week, but he has not responded.

Has anyone received their set? Does anyone know this seller? His feedback seems good, but it stops months ago, and apparently he does not communicate anymore.

Thanks.

Edited by Edotl

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ther's a festival of free music at the end of this month/beginnig of the next in Antwerpen (Belgium)

One complete day is devoted to CECIL TAYLOR.

It starts with the projection of two films ans ended withe a concert in duet with TONY OXLEY.

What is more surprising it's that the Festival (named: FOLLOW THE SOUND - 30 september to 4 of October) annonced a special sell of AILANTHUS/ALTISSIMA for the occasion!!!!

Edited by P.L.M

• 1 month later...

Seems like some bad luck has gummed up the works:

Faithful buyers and buyers-to-be,

Here’s an October 2009 update on the Cecil Taylor–Tony Oxley AILANTHUS / ALTISSIMA LP that you’ve heard about for many months.

The project has suffered from misplacing faith in some poor manufacturers unable to deliver clean-sounding vinyl surfaces. Having had to scrap an entire pressing run since the last update, we’ve changed the vendor once again—hopefully for the last time. I believe this will be the solution to the quality issue, but there will be a certain amount of further wait time involved—probably until the beginning of 2010 or close to that. (having erroneously predicted success so many times, I’m very hesitant to make any more delivery projections until the perfected, finished goods are in hand.)

I know this is not good news for any of us, and I apologize for having to learn these lessons on your time.

To clarify, your purchased records have not been lost in the mail; none have yet been sent. You can have confidence that this release WILL happen; the company is not going anywhere, and no one has run off with your pre-paid funds.

The records will be sent as soon as they are ready, and those of you who have pre-paid will of course be the first in line. Your purchases are guaranteed and will be honored as early as possible. If you’ve lost faith in the effort and would like a refund, just tell me and we’ll undo the payments from before.

For those of you waiting to make your orders, there will be a notice sent to you and on triplepointrecords.com announcing that they’re at last available for shipping.

Some of you may have gotten word that a few examples of the record were on sale at the recent EU engagements of CT and TO: It was thought that this was the corrected disc that could now be shipping to everyone. In fact, it is yet another flawed example that will have to be replaced. So again, apologies for that false hope.

Thank you as always for your patience with these tribulations.

Sincerely,

Ben Young

• 2 weeks later...