New BMG offer for non-members!

Alec

I just received another "all the CDs you want for $6.99 without having to join and no shipping charges" I love using it to stock up on stuff. :D

They have a "send this offer to a friend" form so if anyone wants to see it let me know.

Note: this is NOT a become a member offer. You can get the cds and you don't have to join!

Claypone

I just received another "all the CDs you want for $6.99 without having to join and no shipping charges" I love using it to stock up on stuff. :D

Claypone

But won't you rather have 12 for the price of 1 (and 5 for the sponsor)?

That's 17 CDs for about $4.50 each! (covers the cost of shipping and purchase obligation)

B)

Jones, that's completely silly, very anal, and I understand 100%! As far as I know, the box is still there, and I can't stand it either!

Whew. I thought I was the only obsessive, anal retentive music collector lurking on this board. ;) (<--that little guy equals sarcasm, right?)

Edited by jones

Jones, that's completely silly, very anal, and I understand 100%! As far as I know, the box is still there, and I can't stand it either! :lol:

The BMG box is not always there.

I've gotten CDs, like the recent Verve digipack re-issues with no BMG label markings on them.

Some of the Columbia CDs didn't have BMG markings.

Also I remember some of the box sets had no BMG markings on them. (I traded them at retail stores for other CDs) :g

Course, you never know.

Also I remember some of the box sets had no BMG markings on them. (I traded them at retail stores for other CDs) :g

The first time I read this, I assumed you were trading these in at used stores, but then did a double-take when I realized you said retail! Thinking of trying this has never even crossed my mind before.

I guess if the store that accepts your trade-in is ok with it, and is able to re-sell the item at whatever price they would normally sell at, then they're not losing out, and you come out ok as well. Guess the only loser in this equation is the label or the artist?

To me this is distinctly different than selling or trading discs in at a used store, at least ethically speaking.

Also I remember some of the box sets had no BMG markings on them.  (I traded them at retail stores for other CDs) :g

The first time I read this, I assumed you were trading these in at used stores, but then did a double-take when I realized you said retail! Thinking of trying this has never even crossed my mind before.

Tower Records! :lol: