Arthur C. Gordon of Saugus, MA

I've got one or two LPs with 'Thames TV Library' stamped on the back, including a McLaughlin 'Extrapolation' on Marmalade. Echoes of the 1970s..

For anyone at ITV, I don't have these. :lol:

My copy of Don Wilkinson's Preach, Brother! (NY stereo) has the name "John Patton" written in marker on the back. I doubt it's the same one, but still...

Could be the General's old copy :lol:

I've got one or two LPs with 'Thames TV Library' stamped on the back, including a McLaughlin 'Extrapolation' on Marmalade. Echoes of the 1970s..

My copy of Don Wilkinson's Preach, Brother! (NY stereo) has the name "John Patton" written in marker on the back. I doubt it's the same one, but still...

Could be the General's old copy :lol:

Or the beginning of a list of other organists whose LPs the owner wanted to get.

I LOVE library records.

This particular one quite a legit purchase. Thames TV's library must have had one of the very best jazz collections in the UK when it was up and running (especially of British Jazz) - the entire library must have come on the market back in the 1980s or early 90s when the TV franchise folded.

I love those little stickers with name and adress on cover of LPs. I rarely remove them, exept if thaty are on front cover. I recently bought record from Holland : various dealer, but same collector, that used to wirte his name (E.T. Lettinga) and add some sentences : heres' one, on the back of The Happnins (New Jazz 8246) :

"Rockers forbidden, except whenever this item leaves the shelf and except for Granville's spanish cohorts featured at ray Bryant's feelings" (Gnraville Rocker is the drummer of the session, his name is underlined on the credits)

I also have many NM Blue Note from a mysterious "MD" stamped on back...

This topic proves the evolution of the appreciation of records : in their times they were not collectors item, just someones personal objetcs. We collectors would like to find them immaculate, in other words, out of history and society, with no age.

Edited by Michel

• 12 years later...