US Open

Watched her press conference, she was a lot more serene, gave Kim her props for a great game, Serena never repeated what she said, she did clarify that the killing part was a misunderstanding between her and the line judge.

She accepts the decision and now she wants to move on, apparently she watched the older tennis games broadcasted during tnhe rain delays, maybe she saw too much of the McEnroes and Nastases of the past.

Gotta say it's been a while since i saw this kind of outburst from a tennis player. Sad thing is it kind of detract from the great game Clijsters had.

Meanwhile the lovely Dane Wozniacki kept on going and now will take part in her first Grand Slam final.

Edited by Van Basten II

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...apparently she watched the older tennis games broadcasted during tnhe rain delays, maybe she saw too much of the McEnroes and Nastases of the past.

Gotta say it's been a while since i saw this kind of outburst from a tennis player.

i've been watching tennis consistently for 35 years and i've never, ever, seen an outburst like that. they played it over in slow-mo after the match got called (code violation unsportsman-like conduct for a point which happenned to be match point, after she'd already been called earlier in the match for a racquet abuse violation...). she went nuts on that lineperson. f-bombs all over and saying she was gonna jam her ball down her throat, blah blah blah... then she went back for more! very ugly. as far as i know there's no precedent. that was insane. serena fucked up something royal and she deserved the point being taken away and probably more...

all that being said, what the fuck was that linesperson thinking?!?!#$%^& worst call in the history of tennis! unfuckingbelievable. that shit is so fucked up all the way around. i can't believe it. did i really just see all that? WTF???!!!!!!

Meanwhile the lovely Dane Wozniacki kept on going and now will take part in her first Grand Slam final.

Lovely? i believe the word you're looking for is HOT. and she's an excellent player. could be a great final. looking forward to it.

Edited by thedwork

There are probably many foot faults being made in pro tennis that are not being called, so it was unfortunate for Serena that it happened at such a crucial moment.

But her reaction was so unprofessional and socially unacceptable, that she should be sanctionned more that just a penalty point. Not a fee, because this has no effect on millionaires. She should be banned for the next Grand Slam event.

Wow! Go out of town for a couple of days and look how things heat up! :excited: Serena, flat out, was an asshat. She should've known better to get a grip and serve a second serve. Kim had her owned anyways, it was Serena's last chance to stay in the game and she flat-out blew it. I think she surpassed John McEnroe when it comes to absurd behavior. GO KIM! :excited: Del Potro's straight-set win over Nadal caught me off guard too. Man, this guy is just as good on hard courts as Nadal is on clay! I think we have an interesting final, both in the men's and women's draw, in the works!

There are three sure things in life, death, taxes and Roger Federer at a US Open final. Amazing between the legs shot during the last point, even the Djoker could not help but laugh. Simply the best.

Saw that "tweener" that turned out to be a winner. Roger's amazing!