Mosaic for Christmas?

Leeway

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Received three Mosaic sets this year: J.J. Johnson, Mulligan CJB, and John Patton Select. (My mom and sisters thanked me when I handed them a marked-up Mosaic catalog last Thanksgiving - I'm tough to shop for, they were grateful for the assist, and I scored big.) :tup

Strange year this year. Been kind of lucky picking up secondhand mosaics and so this year i the first year since the Art Blakey set came out that I have not bought/been bought a mosaic set for Christmas.

:(

However I have picked up a ton in between :D

Strange though all the same. Mind you I am waiting for the Andrew Hill set which will make it seem like Christmas all over again :party:

Shame it ain't in a decent Mosaic box but then at least it is coming out and not stuck away in the vaults :wub:

Did pick up the Tal Farlow set this year earlier on which was a nice surprise and the Chico Hamilton which was also different. Will look to get hold of the Art Farmer too when my millions have been counted. Ok when I have saved enough! :rolleyes:

Andy

Mike C.???? What Hill and Hutcherson selects? Or do you mean the Connoisseur CD's of some month's ago (or the forthcoming Hill select, but no Hutch as far as I know of).

I'm pretty sure he means the Hill Select coming in Feb/March next year, and as discussed over in Discography, Mosaic is going to do a Select of Hutcherson's 1970s BN work. No word yet on exactly what it will be, but that is pretty exciting. I wonder if it will be ready in late 2005.

Oh goody Hutcherson 70's stuff is fab and all I have are lp burns which are nice but need cleaning!

I cannot wait for that must admit.....that and the Andrew Hill set. I quite liked Waiting when I picked it up and MOntara which I got from Japan on cd...although that has been reissued over here now I see :wub:

Anyway it is also good to see that 'later' stuff is getting out through the select series ^_^

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

I found the Don Pullen Mosaic Select in a favorite used haunt...with tax it ended up being only about a $5 discount versus just ordering new, but hey, that's about 10% off so I went for it. Perfect condition.

Just as an aside, the number on the set (0015) is the lowest for any Mosaic that I own to date.