Mosaic for Christmas?

Leeway

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Up. I know which set I'll be getting (see avatar). If I have some spare dough in the new year, I'm leaning toward either the Roy Eldridge or Sonny Stitt sets (likely Eldridge as it's slightly cheaper and I only have one album of his).

What are fellow Organissimo-ites wishing for this year?

Pryan.

May I recommend the Eldridge to you? For myself, it has been an almsot endless treasure trove of enjoyment ... and I had quite a few of these sessions on other CDs.

I'm really happy I invested into this set. Besides my Teddy Wilson one, this is top-of-the-heap for me and in constant rotation around here. Mosaic did an excellent job with this one and for my part, I cannot come up with a single reason why one shouldn't own this box! And, the sound is fabulous as well!

Cheers!

Up.  I know which set I'll be getting (see avatar).  If I have some spare dough in the new year, I'm leaning toward either the Roy Eldridge or Sonny Stitt sets (likely Eldridge as it's slightly cheaper and I only have one album of his).

Pryan.

May I recommend the Eldridge to you? For myself, it has been an almsot endless treasure trove of enjoyment ... and I had quite a few of these sessions on other CDs.

I'm really happy I invested into this set. Besides my Teddy Wilson one, this is top-of-the-heap for me and in constant rotation around here. Mosaic did an excellent job with this one and for my part, I cannot come up with a single reason why one shouldn't own this box! And, the sound is fabulous as well!

Cheers!

Thanks for the additional "push". Most people seem to dig the Eldridge set A HELL OF A LOT. The fact that I own only SWINGIN' ON THE TOWN, is reason enough to get it, I suppose. Here's hoping the cash is there after X-Mas.

Dan, those are two good choices, I bet you like those!

Me, I was going to ask for a Mosaic set for Xmas, and then Helen asked me "What do you think about getting a lap top, an Apple one, for you sort of for Xmas"? I replied. . . "Not a bad idea. . . " ^_^

I purchased an iBook G4 back in October and it is a marvellous little machine, let me tell you. Wireless internet, iTunes, iPhoto, iCal, etc. Fast, easy-to-use; does everything I ask of it and then some. You're in for a treat, Lon.

Up.  I know which set I'll be getting (see avatar).  If I have some spare dough in the new year, I'm leaning toward either the Roy Eldridge or Sonny Stitt sets (likely Eldridge as it's slightly cheaper and I only have one album of his).

Pryan.

Cheers!

Thanks for the additional "push". Most people seem to dig the Eldridge set A HELL OF A LOT. The fact that I own only SWINGIN' ON THE TOWN, is reason enough to get it, I suppose. Here's hoping the cash is there after X-Mas.

I'll add $5 if you don't have enough.

Cheers!

Grachan Moncur Select, thanks to Ghost of Miles’ radio show! May have to order it myself, wrap it, put it under the tree “from Santa!”

:tup That's a good 'un, Al. B-)

I wasn't crazy about it at first, but now I'm really diggin' it. It was also my first introduction to Jackie McLean, and I've been really enjoying his stuff as well.

I have a 'Krupa and James' (sounds like a posh gents outfitters.. ;) ) set in the mail and assuming it arrives in time for the big day it will remain unopened until then. I've also got some HMV discount vouchers that I am thinking of using on either a Euro-Tal or a Euro-Eldridge set so that should Mosaic me out for a while. Cold turkey then until the Andrew Hill Select and the next Miles LP set comes out.

Edited by sidewinder

I was thinking of asking for the Roach Mosaic but money's a bit too tight for that. It's really too bad that the Hill and Pepper aren't ready for the holidays, since either would be about the right size gift request. And there's no way I can hold off on the Hill Select until my birthday! (Maybe I can hold off on the Pepper.)

I was thinking of asking for the Roach Mosaic but money's a bit too tight for that.

It's a great set, Eric....you should just ask for it and see what happens!

As for myself, I'm thinking about giving myself the following Christmas gifts:

Dexter Gordon Select

Don Pullen Select

Dizzy Reece Select

Considered buying the Gerald Wilson or Horace Parlan sets, but decided to hold off and go for the variety offered in the purchase of 3 Selects.

As for myself, I'm thinking about giving myself the following Christmas gifts:

Dexter Gordon Select

Don Pullen Select

Dizzy Reece Select

Sal:

I've got the Reece, and it is great. Personally, that would be the one I'd go for. I'm still debating the Pullen, since I have most of the material already. But I completely forgot about the Gordon. That might make a good request.

Eric

P.S. Don't wait too long on the Parlan.

I gave my wife a list of 10 Mosaics in which I'm interested. I think I have a good chance of getting at least one this year, since she said "the last of my Christmas presents came in the mail today." :excited:

If I don't get them, I'll be ordering the Gordon and Pullen Selects after Christmas, and will probably pre-order the Andrew Hill as well.

When, over our recent Thanksgiving get-together, I offered a Mosaic catalog not-so-discretely marked up as a "wish list" to my family members, it was greeted with a lot of "Oh great - now I know what to get you for Christmas."

So the question now is not will I get a Mosaic box for X-mas, but how many? :g

Takes some of the surprise out of it, I guess, but it's better than more socks. ;)

They should use that in their holiday catalog:

Mosaic Records: better than socks for Christmas!

I've dropped hints about the Reece Select and the Randy Weston Select. For some reason no one likes to order online in my family (except me.) I think everyones paranoid about ID theft. I've gotten Selects as gifts before but usally have to order them myself then they are "given" to me by my family.

Edited by scottb

I've dropped hints about the Reece Select and the Randy Weston Select. For some reason no one likes to order online in my family (except me.) I think everyones paranoid about ID theft. I've gotten Selects as gifts before but usally have to order them myself then they are "given" to me by my family.

Have you considered giving them Mosaic's phone number? Its not toll free, but if you use a cel and have plenty of minutes, who cares?

My Mom wouldn't even know how to turn on a PC but she's managed to order Mosaic sets for a long, long time.

• 3 weeks later...