Feeling this out - Solo project from me (NOT jazz!)

Jim Alfredson

Interesting comments from another forum:

Track one and two come from a pedigree I associate with Ian Carr's Nucleus. A pedigree of quality as well as of musical thought.

Track three is deep and inspiring. That high drone and the choir put me in mind of John Tavener's approach to the expression of spirituality, as demonstrated in his Lifting The Protecting Veil.

Never heard of either artist he's referencing, but a quick listen and I can see where he's coming from. The Tavener piece is gorgeous.

Added another tune to the player on the Big O Store page. Its a tune inspired by Tangerine Dream's seminal album Rubycon (which I listened to many many times under headphones as a kid), called 'Psyche'.

http://www.big-o-records.com/zen-cart/inde...;products_id=20

49 copies left.

Sounds good. Hey, wouldn't surprise me if you also listened to Oxygene 5 as a kid: check out the ostinato that fades in at about 5:05

Believe it or not, but I only recently heard Oxygene for the first time; within the last year. My dad didn't have any Jarre in his collection, though I certainly knew who he was as teenager.

Hearing his classic recordings made me realize how influential he was, especially on video game music in the 80s.

• 3 weeks later...

No, its probably still DNS issues. Keep trying. Or just paypal me $25. :)

I just tried the site and at first I couldn't get anything, then I got to homepage and couldn't get to the store, then I couldn't get to the product. I just kept hitting refresh and it eventually got there. Hopefully it will be resolved soon. For some reason, that site has taken longer than any of the others for the DNS to propagate.

• 11 months later...