The Mosaic trade thread

I appear to have scored a new Brookmeyer select. I haven't listened to it yet, but chances are that it's not going to be the kind of thing I *love*. Are people still looking for this thing? Once I give it a listen, I may be willing to trade it (+ some money, maybe) for something on the list below.

Here're my impossible wishes:

#109 The Complete Edmond Hall/James P. Johnson/Sidney De Paris/Vic Dickenson Blue Note Sessions

#110 The Complete Blue Note Recordings of Sidney Bechet

#132 The Complete Blue Note Recordings of George Lewis

#135 The Complete Roulette Live Recordings of Count Basie and His Orchestra (1959-1962)

#149 The Complete Roulette Studio Recordings of Count Basie and His Orchestra

#168 The Complete Capitol Fifties Jack Teagarden Sessions

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appear to have scored a new Brookmeyer select. I haven't listened to it yet, but chances are that it's not going to be the kind of thing I *love*. Are people still looking for this thing? Once I give it a listen, I may be willing to trade it (+ some money, maybe) for something on the list below.

#109 The Complete Edmond Hall/James P. Johnson/Sidney De Paris/Vic Dickenson Blue Note Sessions

#135 The Complete Roulette Live Recordings of Count Basie and His Orchestra (1959-1962)

I assume you know that most of the Mosaics you're looking for usually go for hundreds of dollars on eBay.

I assume you know that most of the Mosaics you're looking for usually go for hundreds of dollars on eBay.

yes, hence the "+ some money".

this isn't the first time that you've assumed i'm stupid on this forum. it's kinda annoying. (your remark has a strong sarcastic tone to it. perhaps you didn't intend it as such, in which case, mea culpa.)

• 2 weeks later...

I've been kicking around the idea of trading my Anita O'Day set for Mosaic(s) of like value. It's in like-new condition, a "Last Chance" purchase that I never really warmed to enough for it to receive regular play. PM me if interested and maybe we can work something out.

I like the Mosaic people, and the reissue program, but the boxes and the style of the booklet never did anything for me, and I also don't look on the sets as collectors' items. It's just the music, and the photos, and, sometimes, the notes. I wish they had included color reproductions of the original LP album art, where available.

It's sad that the heavy hitters on eBay (many of whom probably don't even care for the music) - and NO reference to you guys - have pumped up the prices of these sets and all the early Blue Note LPs.

I have several mint condition Mosaic LP box sets to trade.

They have only been played once or twice and boxes and booklets are in superb condition. I would consider possibly a 2 for one trade for the rarer CD sets I'd like.

For Trade-LP sets:

Hall, Johnson, DeParis, Dickenson set

Albert Ammons/ Meade Lux Lewis set

Complete Blue Note Tina Brooks

Complete Blue Note Clifford Brown

Complete Charles Mingus 1959 CBS set

(I also have the Miles Davis Complete Jack Johnson Columbia CD set to throw into the mix)

Wants: (I know some of these are odd requests...but they fill in my collection)

Box and Booklet only for the Buck Clayton CD set

CDs #5-7 of J.J. Johnson set and plastic CD holder

Shorty Rogers CD set

Bud Shank CD set

Mel Lewis/ Thad Jones CD set

Send me a PM to discuss trade possibilities...

Thanks!