Norgran Blues JATP 1950

John L

I love this LP, and miss it now that I am away from my LP collection. Has it ever appeared on CD or in digital form. I can't recall ever running across it. There is some great Pres here, especially on an extended version of Ghost of a Chance.

UVER_815151__52819__01152009123941-5420.jpg

Edited by John L

• 3 years later...

The four songs on this LP have been issued on CD, just not on a legit label.

The songs are available on Disc 7 of a 10CD JATP box set (I won't link to it on Amazon but it's very easy to find).

I would love to see them issued on CD by Verve.

I looked at the box set and it only goes to 1949 and I don't see Ghost of A Chance on disc 7. Is there another box set I'm not finding?

I do not believe that this concert was on any of the JATP boxes. Since I started this thread 3.5 years ago, the concert actually appeared on iTunes as part of a strangely titled JATP package. I made a post about it at the time on the Lester Young Corner thread. The MP3 of the track Norgran blues was defective, however. I informed iTunes about that, which might be why it appears to no longer be available there.