Well, Honky Tonk is great but

The Magnificent Goldberg

My Duke LPs all have purple labels, I think? Don't have any 45s...

The RCA 45s, yeah, a lot of orange, but what I was really referring to was more a more equal balance between the orange and the black. That Cash 78 & the King things had it to the point of looking like Halloween.

And as for Joe Comfort, yeah! The man who really swung all those Sinatra sides!

My Duke LPs all have purple labels, I think? Don't have any 45s...

The RCA 45s, yeah, a lot of orange, but what I was really referring to was more a more equal balance between the orange and the black. That Cash 78 & the King things had it to the point of looking like Halloween.

And as for Joe Comfort, yeah! The man who really swung all those Sinatra sides!

Oh yes, if you mean that sort of equality of orange/black, I don't know any. It is dramatic.

I have a few later Ernie Freeman singles, mostly on Imperial, and most featuring organ. And a later version of "Jivin' around" recorded for Ava, the MGM subsidiary, in 1965, which wasn't up to much. And I wondered what the earlier version was like. And there's almost no comparison. I haven't a turntable for a couple of weeks, so I thought I'd see if they had them on you tube. Here's the more recent version, which is just OK.

MG

The 45 has a different design to the 78. And the orange looks yellow and the black looks washed out. Compared to King, it's not terribly dramatic.

R-2034900-1260049280.jpeg

MG