"PARALYZING" Snow Storm for the Mid-Atlantic States

Great. Why can't it snow on a Monday?

"Plan on 'no travel' in the Virginias, central and southern Pennsylvania, the Delmarva and much of New Jersey Friday night into Saturday."

"Snowfall rates may reach 3 inches per hour."

"Storm crews may not be able to keep up."

"Accumulations have the potential to reach 2 feet in some areas."

Snow

I'm getting conflicting reports. We are watching this closely because we are planning on driving up to Richmond tomorrow evening. RVA JAZZFEST is Saturday night and I do not want to pass on the opportunity to hear my brother playing with Ray Anderson. Late Friday night/Saturday has the potential for some quick accumulation, but interstates should be fine Friday and Sunday.

I'm getting conflicting reports. We are watching this closely because we are planning on driving up to Richmond tomorrow evening. RVA JAZZFEST is Saturday night and I do not want to pass on the opportunity to hear my brother playing with Ray Anderson. Late Friday night/Saturday has the potential for some quick accumulation, but interstates should be fine Friday and Sunday.

It's messy now- so I hope you get there- and drive safe!

Edited by vajerzy

I just hope I can open the door to my house, that I am not shut in! I woke up and looked outside and indeed it looks to me like about 2 feet of snow on my patio. We're going to be hobbled by this for days. You know what JFK said about DC. Something like, it has all the charm of a northern city and all the efficiency of a southern one!

Edited by It Should be You

Just finished my 2nd round of shoveling. I'd say about 15 inches so far and it's still coming down. I think this storm might end up being worse than the one in December. The wind is making some insanely large snow drifts.

Man, I'm so tired. I'm ready for a beer.

Crap! I wanna go to the Caps game tomorrow night.

Why, they'll just win. How boring. Try being a Red Wing fan.

:g

Hey, did you see that one handed goal by Ovechkin w/8 secs to go in 2nd last night? Holy s***.......that looked amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-D4fBkdnoU

Like the man said, "another highlight reel goal." Ovechkin is a remarkable offensive talent. I just wish he had more (or any) of a defensive presence. He is kind of a cherry picker. This goal is a textbook example as you can see him circling the blue line waiting for an outlet pass while the rest of the play is down low. How far the Caps go in the playoffs is going to boil down to goaltending. I'm not sure I'd want to stake my claim with their with the guys they have between the pipes.

More to the subject at hand, sounds like a good time to settle in with some good music and a toddy or two.