Would you like to be a jazz radio DJ?

jjsint

Some of you may remember me. I was the guy that operated the Jazz Trading Post web site years ago.

I now work for a jazz radio station that needs original programming. We are on the FM dial and have an internet stream too. We are looking for people that can prerecord a 2-3 hour show, once a week from home (its pretty easy to do). Once you have a show you can burn it on CDs and mail it in.

If you have an interest, email me and we can talk. The only requirement is that you love jazz.

cheers,

Jim

jjsint@baymoon.com

Edited by Jim S.

1. Aren't most DJ's paid positions - outside of college radio perhaps?

2. Will you have the proper clearances/authorizations to play the music that is submitted to you?

1. I don't know the answer that.

2. As long as discs are formatted as per my instructions the sound exchange data will be automatically collected. Terrestrial radio fees are already paid.

Jim is a great guy-and personal friend.

The Jazz Trading Post was big many years ago and many of us picked up loved treasures-TOCJ, etc-

from trading with posters/now friends from all over the world. Many Blue Note Board members participated.

Hope Jim can find some DJs to share their knowledge and collections with Monterey area

and internet jazz fans...

No thanks on the DJ thing, Jim, but would you consider posting some of the old Jazz Trading Post graphics here for a new generation to enjoy? (I first encountered several of my friends on this board through the JTP.)

Man! That was many hard drives ago. I wish I at least had the logo.

BIG AL! Nice to see you!

I have got some great replies. Thanks much and hope to hear from more Organissimo forum members.

Guest Bill Barton

Wow, blast-from-the-past time... JTP! Welcome to the Big O, Jim, nice to "see" you here.

I've got my hands full already when it comes to doing radio shows but it looks like you've already generated some interest. Best wishes for mucho success.

On the issue of deejays getting paid brought up earlier:

Really? Good luck... I've been doing radio since 1974 and there was about a decade from the mid-1980s through 1996 when I actually (barely) supported myself doing mostly on-air work. It ain't shakin' now, I can tell ya. You'll be lucky if you break even much less make any $$$