Favorite Toys?

Now you're talking! I may have mentioned in the past that among my many hobbies is collecting old toys, especially space, monster, or superhero toys from the late 60s. My favorite toy line of all time is Mattel's Major Matt Mason. Anyone remember these guys?

I remember those toys! Only, I knever knew they were 'Matt Mason' toys. In the early 70s, we were given a box full of toys that was passed on to our family from our older cousins. I know we used to have those dolls...er..ahem..Action Figures! I remember the alien for sure.

When I was a kid, we played mostly outside (sports, "big army" and "little army"), but perhaps the most successful toy we ever had at our house was:

eaglehnc.jpg

Circa early 60's, "Hockey Night In Canada" (Canadiens vs the Maple Leafs). I was really good at it from the get-go, and proceeded to get better (absolutely mastered the sucker). My all-time record would have to be something like 500-0. I am serious. :P

Oddly enough, I was never a fan of real hockey as a kid (and I'm still not, except for Olympic hockey).

G.I. Joe- the full size ones, not the little wimpy ones.

"Thingmaker"- you know, the little heat-mold that made cheap rubber toys.

"Incredible Edibles"- they tasted like crap!

I had a bunch of Hot Wheels stuff and gave it away. DOH!

Remember the "Vroom" motor you'd put on your bike? The high-tech version of the playing card and clothes pin.

My favorite toy was my Strombecker 1/32 slot car set. I loved to "modify" the cars and my local hobby shop had a GIANT layout upstairs where the hard-core cats would come to compete.

I guess when I think back Hot Wheels was my main affection. And boy if only I was in tune with my pinker side, like the post from RDK above, and bought up all the fucshia red-liners...$$$$ and kept them in the blister. :wub:

and Joe... my most haunting memory as a kid was one day pestering the shit out of my Dad to take along my mini trap set to grandmas house. I actually think that the kick drum got stuck around his calf. He went Keith Moon on that baby!!! ouch!