Online source for turntable components

Peter Johnson

Thanks, Porcy. Saw the Needle Doctor, but was curious if others had direct experience with them. I'd get it locally, but if you can't believe it, I can't find a turntable stockist in Philadelphia. Go figure!

I've ordered from Needle Doctor (once). The numbers in the rest of the post are made up (I don't have the paperwork, but the % is correct) but I bought a new stylus for one of my sets and the $80 bill delivered a needle with a $19.95 sticker on the box.

Thanks, Porcy. Saw the Needle Doctor, but was curious if others had direct experience with them. I'd get it locally, but if you can't believe it, I can't find a turntable stockist in Philadelphia. Go figure!

I've ordered from Needle Doctor (once). The numbers in the rest of the post are made up (I don't have the paperwork, but the % is correct) but I bought a new stylus for one of my sets and the $80 bill delivered a needle with a $19.95 sticker on the box.

:o

I don't know if Thorens has really been in business continously or not all these years, but I would try for an OEM belt. You can ask around and find out who the Thorens distributor was back in the day, that's a good place to begin asking. In the late 90s, I had to look far and wide to find THE guy, who sold remainder stock out of his Queens apartment.