Lee Morgan would have been good in the 70s

Lee Morgon was great in the 70's. Live at the Lighthouse and Lee Morgan (Last Session) are my favorite Lee, but I do realize they were starting to depart Dan Gould's comfort zone.

Thanks for acknowledging me. :rolleyes: For the record, I greatly enjoy the Lighthouse concerts as well as the Fresh Sound issued concert that iirc came from a different locale around the same time. Last Session though is one that ranks pretty low on the one-time Mogie Man's list. (Who remembers my original online handle? Vic probably does.)

And doesn't 'shitload' mean 'load of shit'?

and there I was thinking that 'shitload' meant 'a lot of'

It does. I have a shitload of Lee TOCJs and track 13 alone ('Untitled Boogaloo') on 'The Procrastinator' bugs the shit out of me because those horns ya hear during the first 40 secs reminds me of the horns that were in the Batman tv series intro back in the 60's. :crazy:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkXw3jPgpy0

The two LP set tended to feature the "new thing" more prominently, but the 3 CD version included more "inside" performances. The tribute to Britt Woodman is just plain gorgeous.

IIRC, Mabern told me that I Remember Britt is not for Woodman, but for a kid called Britt who was a friend of his son and who died as a child ... I'd have to check that though. Did he say that Brit was one of the children on the cover of Andrew Hill's Grass Roots even? I think so, but this may be my imagination.

"Years ago my recurring dream was that Lee wasn't shot at Small's"

actually, Dan, your dream came true - he was shot at Slugs - where I used to go as a wee teenager; scary neighborhood, run by (in those days) the Hells Angels but also infested with junkies and other scary characters. Great little club, though, with good acoustics (and how could you not like a place where Jean Genet hung out? I remember him as a sqaut, powerful looking guy that people made a fuss over).

Actually, if Lee were still alive, I think he'd be leading the Glenn Miller ghost band doing Bobby Hackett solos.

Wasn't that Sun Ra's regular place in New York?

If we're going to talk in really International English it's probably not going to look like 'correct' British or US English at all. IE teachers use a basic vocabulary of about 1500 words. Good news - 'jazz' is one of them! But we will never speak of hard bop again ...

omg - there are quite a few words in that list i have never seen before (such as "cartilage", "appendage", "dike")... guess I'll have to start my own board with a thinned out list...

Edited by Niko