Just noticed this: BN digital booklet

mjzee

Seems like a logical thing to do. Downloads don't need to be inferior to CDs, in terms of quality and documentation.

They should make the tracks available as lossless downloads as well, and adapt the pricing. Given the economies for the label, downloads should cost half the price of the CD.

Another problem is the regional limitation. Most download shops can only sell to customers from the same country, because of copyright restrictions. If one can order a CD anywhere in the world, one should also be able to buy a download anywhere.

I'd guess that's the coming wave, given the ongoing deletion of the physical RVGs, coupled with BN's knowledge (I'd hazard to say) that people into buying Blue Note titles are generally going to want the liner notes as well.

Stumbled upon Amazon yesterday and see many RVG titles in MP3 are selling for $3.68. not that we need them.

post-217-127660949497_thumb.jpg

I usually only download music when I can't get it any other way. I recently bought (from iTunes) an EP-length album, St. Peter Street Serenade, by the Preservation Hall Hot 4. It included music, videos, and a really nice PDF booklet - complete credits, personnel for each track, and photos.