LeBron to the Heat!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's pretty funny that they beat the Lakers. The Heat, though, they've got problems. By playoff time, there's gonna be some tired legs in the starting rotation. Not saying that can't ride their tired legs through the playoffs, but they will be hobbled. Which is bad, because their whole D is predicated on being able to shift like mad through schemes, and if those legs don't got any life, they're not gonna be contesting shots so well and preventing drives to the basket. Add to that problem, they're not exactly getting any consistent rebounding from Bosh 'cause they got him playing out of position most of the time. A team goes into the playoffs with a weakened defense and shoddy rebounding (not to mention the Heat's odd streaks of missed free throws), well, it's an iffy proposition that they'll go very deep.

But who knows. I'm only a genius when it comes to predicting football, baseball, and boxing. I'm only half-a-genius with basketball.

Edited by Chicago Expat

Add to that problem, they're not exactly getting any consistent rebounding from Bosh 'cause they got him playing out of position most of the time.

They are likely going to adjust this soon. On ESPN they just mentioned how low Bosh's production in the paint has been compared to Toronto and Bosh recognizes that he needs to roll to the basket more.

As for me, I'd just be satisfied if they stopped letting LeBron chuck terribly chosen 3s, especially at the ends of games. The guy may be able to drive to the basket like nobody before or since, but I personally would rather put the ball in one of the point guards' or Miller's hands if I really needed 3 points.

I hope they don't win a thing. That entire fiasco is the sole reason I don't watch the NBA anymore at all.

At least NBA "cheating" is up front and the players are paid up front too. Though there is all of the suspicious refereeing I'll grant you that.

I can't stand the phoniness of the NCAA, and the quality of play has taken a hit with all of the one-and-done players. I still hope for a day when the jocks go on strike before the tournament, though I guess it'd be stupid since the stars' income is under the table thus it's easier to not report it to the IRS. :lol: