Milton Suggs - Things to Come

GA Russell

A young Chicago singer named Milton Suggs has a new album out called Things to Come.

He's good! I think of him as a baritone Donny Hathaway. Is anyone familiar with him?

The album has young Chicago players on it like Marquis Hill on trumpet, Vincent Gardner on trombone and Willerm Delisfort on piano.

Although the band plays jazz throughout, Suggs' singing has an R&B quality to it, and I can imagine some of the songs being played on soul radio stations.

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/MiltonSuggs

Edited by GA Russell

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I've had a chance to listen to the new Lyrical, Vol. 1, and I think that if it were on a major label, it would have a good chance of being a top ten-selling jazz album of the year.

Suggs wrote the lyrics to all of the songs. Most of the songs are mainstream jazz classics, like Armageddon, Footprints, Infant Eyes, Ceora, Stablemates, Virgo and Lady Bird.

I like the songs, and I like Suggs' singing, so I like the album. I'm confident that it will get plenty of airplay on Sirius.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...