Back on the road with Janiva Magness

Next week I'm hitting the road for the rest of October with Janiva Magness. Hope to see some of you at a show. Please come up and say hi!

16 Phoenix, AZ

The Rhythm Room

17 Tucson, AZ

Southern Arizona Blues Festival

20 Wichita, KS

The Boulevard

21 Kansas City, MO

Knucklehead's

22 Salina, KS

Bllues Masters at the Crossroads

23 Topeka, KS

Uncle Bo's

24 Oklahoma City, OK

The Blues Saloon

27 Lincoln, NE

Zoo Bar

28 Burlington, IA

The Washington

29 Chicago, IL

Old Town School of Folk Music

30 Minneapolis, MN

Dakota Jazz Club

31 Minneapolis, MN

Dakota Jazz Club

James

I live in Tucson

Do you know what time you are playing?

Are you playing the Hammond?

I am talking to my friends about the blues festival

I don't know what time we go on right now (probably will in a day or two) but I imagine since we're the biggest act on the bill, we're the headliner and will go on last.

I will be playing Hammond and piano. I don't know if I'll be playing my own rig (which is the Hammond XK3 and Leslie 21 system) or if the festival is providing backline. Again, I should know in a few days.

It would be great to meet you in flesh! :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not only are there two dates in south Florida but the second one is right in my hometown, ten minutes from the house. It will be great to hear Jim again and also a real treat to hear decent music at Boston's, where the bookings range from weak Jimmy Buffett cover bands (statutorily mandated/sponsored by the state tourism board) to awful country bands.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Going back out next week.

FEBRUARY 2011

12 Fort Lauderdale, FL

Riverwalk Festival

13 New Smyrna Beach, FL

OM Bar & Chill Lounge

15 Delray Beach, FL

Boston's On The Beach

25 San Francisco, CA

Biscuits & Blues

26 Winters, CA

Palms Playhouse

MARCH 2011

1 & 2 Seattle, WA

Jazz Alley

3 Portland, OR

Jimmy Mak's

4 Tacoma, WA

Jazzbones

5 Port Townsend, WA

The Upstage

6 Vancouver, BC (Canada)

The Yale

• 2 weeks later...

Well aside from the fact that Jim had to dash off the stage before the set was over to blow chunks from a bad batch of Mahi Mahi, a fine time was had at the show at Boston's on the Beach in downtown Delray, steps from the beach. Janiva puts on a great show and her backing band is excellent, and it was nice chatting with a certain personable if ashen-faced keyboard player. (For once this smilie really is appropriate: :bad::bad::bad: )

Jim, I hope the fish didn't mess up the rest of your night too bad, wish we could have stayed for the second set, and I hope that it doesn't take you another eight years to make it back to south Florida!

Great to see you again, Dan. Yeah, I was hurtin' during the first set. The second set went much, much better for me, personally. I ate dinner at 6pm and almost made it through the first set; something did not agree with me and needed to come out, NOW!

We'll be back in Florida in April, unfortunately it's for the Tampa Blues Festival. But there might be more dates around Florida after that.