Sarah Vaughan where is this album

afrojazz

I had a sarah vaughan album years ago called Live at the copa. I have searched high and low for this album without success and am wondering if this album really existed or was this some aural dream of mine. I have googled it, I have searched discographies without success. The album had a pink cover and has a live version of jive samba on it. Can anyone confirm this album exists or better still point me in the direction where i can obtain a copy.

Thanks for looking. I dont think this is the live version. Now that i think about it i think it is listed on the album with the brazilian title So danco samba {jive samba} which i'm sure was Antonio carlos jobims take on the original. Sarah Vaughan - Live at the copa exists i will find it. If they can rescue miners from 2000 feet under the earth, I can find an elusive album.

Thanks for looking. I dont think this is the live version. Now that i think about it i think it is listed on the album with the brazilian title So danco samba {jive samba} which i'm sure was Antonio carlos jobims take on the original. Sarah Vaughan - Live at the copa exists i will find it. If they can rescue miners from 2000 feet under the earth, I can find an elusive album.

Well, AMG's listings are pretty comprehensive and they don't mention a Sarah Vaughan album with that title.

Good luck.

Thanks for looking. I dont think this is the live version. Now that i think about it i think it is listed on the album with the brazilian title So danco samba {jive samba} which i'm sure was Antonio carlos jobims take on the original.

I think you're confused...

"So Danço Samba" (Jobim) and "Jive Samba" (Adderley) are two different songs.

I have the Vaughan discography by Denis Brown, and Sarah only recorded one version of "Jive Samba", which was included on the "Viva Vaughan" album, as Bright Moments already pointed out.

I've never heard of a Vaughan album titled "Live At The Copa", and it's not listed in the Brown discography.

Maybe you're thinking of another singer? I don't know... I googled "Live at the Copa", and the things that came up were albums by Sam Cooke, The Supremes, Bobby Darin, The Temptations, Connie Francis... and nothing with a pink cover.

Maybe search for artists who have recorded live versions of "Jive Samba" (assuming that's really the song you heard)?

=====

Btw Brownie, Helio Delmiro is a guitarist.

Edited by Jim R

Thanks for looking. I dont think this is the live version. Now that i think about it i think it is listed on the album with the brazilian title So danco samba {jive samba} which i'm sure was Antonio carlos jobims take on the original.

I think you're confused...

I'm leaning towards that conclusion too. At this point it seems like the memory is a mixture of different albums. For example, I found a pink album called Live At The Copa, which has a (different) Jobim tune! (The Boy From Ipanema)

41WHyr2hnyL._SS420_.jpg