Men of a Certain Age

In the thread on the book about Monk, I noted that this show featured one of the characters reading this book.

In last night's episode, the african-american character who is inheriting a car dealership from his father, decides to get rid of the Muzak in the building and put on as he says "Herbie, Miles, and some funk". I did not hear any Herbie or Miles last night, but some funk was played and hey maybe they will get played and maybe some viewers are wondering who Herbie and Miles are.

There was also a funny scene where the african-american character is at a restaurant with the two white friends and they get on the subject of jazz - the white guys don't get the fascination that it holds for the african-american friend and they look dumb. Score one for jazz!!!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I came to this show late after hearing rave reviews from friends. Started in the middle of season 2, and after the season ended, discovered that both seasons are available for free at Comcast On Demand. We now are two thirds through season 1, and we are totally loving this show!

While I'm extremely disappointed the series is ending, at least the Season 2 finale acted as finale for the series as long as you don't mind a bow not being put on it. It's easy enough to imagine simultaneous struggle & satisfaction for Terry and all of them. I mean, you didn't really want or need to see a wedding for Terry did you? ;)

But coming one day after the Friday Night Lights finale...I guess I have more time for reading now.

Edited by Quincy

I don't remember the final scene specifically. Was it with Ray, feeling "okay" about how he did on the tournament try out and deciding not to move forward, happy that his kids were proud of him, and looking forward to another date with the hygenist? And having a twinge of pain from his bookie-busted tooth? At first I thought the last scene was with Owen and his father talking about the sacrifice of running a dealership, Owen finally understanding and wanting that kind of burden. But it had to end with Ray, right?

What's the favorite episode of everyone? Mine is the "I just want to stop and look at you" episode, Ray returning to dating. That one just has my girlfriend and I howling in laughter each time we watch. The funniest one, in our estimation.

I don't remember the final scene specifically. Was it with Ray, feeling "okay" about how he did on the tournament try out and deciding not to move forward, happy that his kids were proud of him, and looking forward to another date with the hygenist? And having a twinge of pain from his bookie-busted tooth? At first I thought the last scene was with Owen and his father talking about the sacrifice of running a dealership, Owen finally understanding and wanting that kind of burden. But it had to end with Ray, right?

What's the favorite episode of everyone? Mine is the "I just want to stop and look at you" episode, Ray returning to dating. That one just has my girlfriend and I howling in laughter each time we watch. The funniest one, in our estimation.

Lon,

I liked that episode too. The final scene of the last episode has Ray looking into a mirror and then something quite dramatic happens but it is not clear. I want to ask what others thought but do not want to create a spoiler.