2004 Rose Bowl

the national champ should be the winner of this game, screw the BCS

If the boys in blue wanted to play for a national championship, they should have eaten their Wheaties on their trips to Eugene and Iowa City. I will be rooting for them, though, to pave the way for LSU's first championship in 45 years.

the national champ should be the winner of this game, screw the BCS

If the boys in blue wanted to play for a national championship, they should have eaten their Wheaties on their trips to Eugene and Iowa City. I will be rooting for them, though, to pave the way for LSU's first championship in 45 years.

at least OSU are below Michigan!!

I'm pulling for the Blue as well. Then we won't have to hear USC whine about how they were robbed. The computer put OU and LSU in the Sugar Bowl because that's what we told it to do. They are the two best teams, mathematically. It is a little hard to swallow that a team who didn't even win their conference can play for the national championship, but still just one loss and a tougher schedule.

Honestly, I was hoping for an LSU v USC matchup so my Tigers could whip 'em and expose how overrated they are. I think Michigan has a great chance against them today.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

I think scottb got it exactly right.

I would change the system by simply adding a rule that requires a team to win its conference championship in order to play in a BCS bowl game. That would open the games up to other conferences, and would eliminate the national champ controversies we've had recently.

I'm not a particularly big football fan (college or pro). This likely stems from the fact that (1) my alma mater, the University of Kansas, is a basketball school and (2) I worked at Arrowhead Stadium for about four years. It was the beginning of the Carl Petterson era and that guy is just an assh*le. Straight up. To this day, it still baffles me how Chiefs fans can hate the Raiders so much when their own GM is nothing more than a younger Al Davis.

Anyways......I seldom miss the Rose Bowl, regardless of whether ot not it determines the championship. It's just one of those special events in sport.

Edited by Brandon Burke