*** DVD CORNER ***

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gabbo!!!! The funniest ever episode is the last one in season 4!!! Krusty's comeback special! But I think season 3 might be better. The swear jar!!!

Watched Gabbo today. It was amazing (again). You're right. I still say that season 4 is the best, though. I mean damn, it might as well be a 'greatest hits' set...

Episodes: Kamp Krusty, A Streetcar Named Marge, Homer the Heretic, Lisa the Beauty Queen, Treehouse of Horror III, Itchy & Scratchy: The Movie, Marge Gets a Job, New Kid on the Block, Mr. Plow, Lisa's First Word, Homer's Triple Bypass, Marge vs. the Monorail, Selma's Choice, Brother from the Same Planet, I Love Lisa, Duffless, Last Exit to Springfield, So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show, The Front, Whacking Day, Marge in Chains, Krusty Gets Kancelled

0767847563.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

What ever happened to the Larry Sanders DVDs? It's been almost two years since the first season came out. I'm worried that the first season sold poorly, meaning that HBO/Columbia probably said the heck with releasing any more. They're on syndication sometimes but always at a wierd hour. Besides, the inner 15 year-old in me really gets a kick out of Artie's vocalbulary. And, quite obviously, they cut that stuff out on standard cable.

Yeah, what did happen to LARRY SANDERS on DVD? The first season is good, but the show definitely got better as time went on... classic stuff. Hope it surfaces soon.

My wife & I continue to enjoy watching a couple episodes of PETER GUNN each week. Will JOHNNY STACCATO ever become available on DVD? Probably not...

Ghost, I thought I posted something about this awhile back from this site about shows like Larry Sanders, Twin Peaks and Mary Tyler Moore not selling that well...In fact, think I have posted it twice! Too lazy to dig up on this board, but

here is a survey that fans of the show should fill out to show interest ...

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/larrysanders/

Guest Chaney

This creepy little chiller has made its way to DVD and is set to be released on June 29, 2004:

deathdreamdvd.jpg

Something Unspeakable Has Come Home

In this shattering variation on The Monkey's Paw, grief-stricken suburban parents (Academy Award™ nominees John Marley of THE GODFATHER and Lynn Carlin of FACES) refuse to accept the news that their son Andy (Richard Backus) has been killed in Vietnam. But when Andy returns home soon after, something may be horribly wrong: Andy is alive and well…or is he? Produced and directed by Bob Clark (BLACK CHRISTMAS) and written by Alan Ormsby (DERANGED), DEATHDREAM became one of the very first films to confront the domestic ravages of the Vietnam War. More than thirty years later, it remains one of the most chilling horror films of all time.

DEATHDREAM was released under several different titles, including DEAD OF NIGHT, THE NIGHT WALK and THE NIGHT ANDY CAME HOME, and marked the grisly debut of gore effects legend Tom Savini (DAWN OF THE DEAD). Blue Underground is proud to present this acclaimed zombie shocker fully restored from a long-lost negative, as well as exclusive new Extras that include two featurettes, audio commentaries with Ormsby and Clark, a definitive ad art gallery and more.

Color • Dolby Digital Mono • 1.85:1 • 16x9 • 1974 • 88 Mins • Rated R • Region Code: 0 • DVD9 •

Director: Bob Clark

Stars: Richard Backus, John Marley, Lynn Carlin and Henderson Forsythe

Extras:

Audio Commentary #1 with Co-Producer / Director Bob Clark

Audio Commentary #2 with Screenwriter / Make-up Artist (Uncredited) Alan Ormsby

Tom Savini: The Early Years

Deathdreaming – Interview with Star Richard Backus

Alternate Opening Titles

Extended Ending Sequence

Theatrical Trailer

Poster & Still Galleries

View laughably bad trailer HERE.

Just $11.98 from Deep Discount DVD

Edited by Chaney

Well, when I bought the first and second seasons of Just Shoot Me the other night, they had a flyer with what was coming out soon...1st seasons of The Partridge Family, Different Strokes ( :blink: ) 2nd season of Starsky and Hutch, 3rd season of Good Times and All in the Family, and 227. Oh, and while all but forced to look at the reserve list at Media Play, I also saw that the first season of the Munsters is coming out soon!

• 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine sent me the following message from a horror-film message board:

According to horrordvds.com, October will see the release of three more Universal Classic Monster dvd sets!  They will include:

The Creature Set:

-Creature from the Black Lagoon

-Revenge of the Creature

-The Creature Walks Among Us

The Invisible Man set:

-The Invisible Man

-The Invisible Man Returns

-The Invisible Man's Revenge

-The Invisible Agent

-The Invisible Woman

The Mummy Set:

-The Mummy

-The Mummy's Hand

-The Mummy's Tomb

-The Mummy's Ghost

-The Mummy's Curse

The later Mummy movies were none too good, but I might get 'em anyway for nostalgia's sake (I saw them all on our local late-Friday-night horror show when I was a kid). I definitely want to get the Invisible Man set.

A friend of mine sent me the following message from a horror-film message board:

According to horrordvds.com, October will see the release of three more Universal Classic Monster dvd sets!  They will include:

The Creature Set:

-Creature from the Black Lagoon

-Revenge of the Creature

-The Creature Walks Among Us

The Invisible Man set:

-The Invisible Man

-The Invisible Man Returns

-The Invisible Man's Revenge

-The Invisible Agent

-The Invisible Woman

The Mummy Set:

-The Mummy

-The Mummy's Hand

-The Mummy's Tomb

-The Mummy's Ghost

-The Mummy's Curse

The later Mummy movies were none too good, but I might get 'em anyway for nostalgia's sake (I saw them all on our local late-Friday-night horror show when I was a kid). I definitely want to get the Invisible Man set.

Man, Ghost...(Hey, that should be your new handle, MANGHOST! :rolleyes: )

I ain't never'd seen many of those Invisible Man movies before, not no how!

I just bought the Warners 5-disc Film Noir box, vol. 1. Anybody else just pull the trigger on this baby?

So far I've watched three of the five DVDs in the set ("The Set Up", "Gun Crazy", and "Murder, My Sweet") and they have all been excellent both in terms of the quality of the movies and in terms of the picture quality of the DVDs.

One thing about film noir is that, due to its cynicism in terms of plot and character development and its use of advanced techniques to create a moody and dark film universe, most of the best examples of the genre are not dated today at all.

I've been on a real film noir kick lately. In addition to the Film Noir box set I've spent a lot of time recently watching and re-watching "The Maltese Falcon", "The Big Sleep", "Criss Cross", "The Postman Always Rings Twice", and "A Touch of Evil":

- "She had a face like a bucket of mud."

- "You take chances Marlowe."

- "I get paid to."

- "She tried to jump in my lap standing up."

- "It's the stuff dreams are made of....."

Does anybody know if their are plans to re-issue "Double Indemnity" any time soon? I held off on getting a copy of it in it's last DVD incarnation because I heard that the image quality stunk. Now it appear to be OOP.

ADR

Just picked up THE BIG CLOCK last night--haven't watched it yet, or any more from the Warner noir box beyond OUT OF THE PAST. ADR, haven't heard about new DVD plans for DOUBLE INDEMNITY. I keep hoping, however, that they'll find the "lost" ending that Wilder cut, in which you actually see MacMurray make the trip to the gas chamber. There are still photos of it in James Naremore's book on film noir, MORE THAN NIGHT.

The Maltese Falcon has got to be one of the most perfect films of all time (if the term "most perfect" can be said to mean anything.) Nary a wasted shot or a dumb line in the whole film. Another big noir favorite: Force of Evil, with John Garfield. I love Garfield.

Another big noir favorite: Force of Evil, with John Garfield. I love Garfield.

John Garfield is my prefered actor. I never miss any of his films reruns.

He manages to be brilliant even in some of the corny films he had to play in.

Some favorite Garfield films: Michael Curtiz 'The Sea Wolf' and 'Breaking Point', Delmer Daves 'Pride of the Marines' and John Berry's 'He Ran All The Way'.

And 'Force of Evil' of course...

• 2 weeks later...

Just re-watched Out of the Past on DVD. Some quotes:

"Kathie Moffett."

"You're like a leaf that blows from gutter to gutter."

"I don't want to die!" "Neither do I, baby, but if I have to, I'm gonna die last."

"Kathie's back in the fold."

"You can't make deals with a dead man, Jeff."

"He couldn't find a prayer in the bible."

"Baby, I don't care."

Wow...didn't know Double Indemnity had appeared on DVD; I'm still sitting here with my VHS copy. What a movie! But I can't help wondering how it would have played if they used the ending from the book...

You guys are on a higher plane than I; last movie I popped in a player (last night) was Beavis and Butthead Do America! :wacko: