NFL playoffs Dallas v.s. Carolina

And the winnner....  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted for Dallas. I think their defense is gonna pull through for them (once again!). It's a thing of beauty, and if they are able to add a good DE for next year, it should be as good as the Baltimore defense was when they won the Superbowl.

However, the Dallas offense is pretty unpredictable - if they had any semblance of a running game they might be pretty good as well. But Troy Hambrick strikes fear in no one, so that's allowed opponents to sit back and pick off Carter much more easily than they should be able to.

Anyway, it could be a pretty good game, with two fairly balanced teams.

.....ok.....

Dallas' offense lived down to their expectations, and the defense certainly didn't play like the #1 rated defense in the NFL. I take back my "thing of beauty" comment as well :) Dallas needs to figure out alot of things this off season, mainly on offense.

Carolina didn't really look all that fantastic to me though, but I have to give them due credit for moving on to the second round. Played solid, fundamental football all day.

As a former Charlottean, I have been a Panthers fan since the beginning. This will be the best team they have seen in a long time. John Fox is the man and Delhomme is proving to be a great team leader as well. I don't consider him a great quarterback, but he sure as hell ain't afraid to stick his neck out. He is a great competitor and has won more than a handful of games for the team this season by doing just that.

Fantastic is a tough one. For a team to put up 380 yards against the top-rated defense in the league in a Playoff game is pretty fantastic. The average gain per carry was somewhere around 6 yards. To top that off, they were penalty free, on offense AND defense! The offensive line allowed only one sack. Did I mention this is the top-rated defense in the league? Did I mention this is a Playoff game?

Stephen Davis (WAR EAGLES!) rushed for over a hundred yards. Mus and Steve Smith went for over a hundred each. Peppers ran an interception for over 30.

Kicking was flawless. Sauerbraun and Kasay are automatic. Ok, so Kasay had one bad game in his career, and it was this season. The guy is forgiven. You just have to shrug your shoulders on that one.

3 sacks, two for almost 10 yard losses each, 3 separate players. Almost fantastic, at least?

Bring it on St. Louis. Either quarterback is fine. Cowboys, see ya next year! ^_^

Fantastic is a tough one. For a team to put up 380 yards against the top-rated defense in the league in a Playoff game is pretty fantastic. The average gain per carry was somewhere around 6 yards. To top that off, they were penalty free, on offense AND defense! The offensive line allowed only one sack. Did I mention this is the top-rated defense in the league? Did I mention this is a Playoff game?

I'll still give you due credit for moving on to the next round, but I still don't think the #1 rated defense showed up on the field yesterday. The way the Cowboy's D played against Carolina the first time around was more representative of the season they had, in my opinion.

Also, I don't think Carolina played mistake free, even though no penalties were called. I watched the game at a sports bar yesterday (conflict with the home television), and noticed at LEAST three different times that the Panthers D jumped offside, without getting called. AND there really should have been no call on Mario Edwards that time they called offsetting penalties. AND on the play where the Panther receiver went out of bounds and came back in to recover his fumble, there should have been at least a review called on that. What happened there??

I think the better team moved on, but I think you'll have your hands full in the next round...