Roger Williams

bertrand

subpage_r2_c1.png

The first pianist to have a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, Roger has 21 Gold and Platinum albums to his credit...Roger’s music has served as the soundtrack to the lives of three generations, and he burst upon the music scene when he recorded Autumn Leaves in 1955...He has performed at every major venue, with nearly every major symphony orchestra, including the afore-mentioned Carnegie Hall, the Hollywood Bowl, and the White House. The latter has earned him the title of “Pianists to the Presidents,” having played for nine chief executives...[Williams says] it made me very proud that one critic wrote: ‘Roger Williams has raised the so-called elevator music to astounding new heights, and as a result, it has certainly established him as the greatest popular pianist in history.’”

Zowie! :o

Mr. Piano

BMI lists a composition called Pyramid with Roger C. Wiliams as composer. He's listed as composer for two other songs: "Good Luck Best Wishes to You" and "Sunny Day Girl."

Some websites link the Williams credited as composer of the tune on the Horace Parlan album to the well known pianistic purveyor of arpeggios (sorry, couldn't resist the alliteration; been a long week). However, those sorts of links are often not reliable.

Record companies often make mistakes regarding composer credits, so the name listed on the LP may not even be right.

Do the notes in the Mosaic box say anything about the composer?

What's a guy have to do to impress you :-)

The good jazzy arrangement aside, it could be a show tune.

I agree, it is a good song, and performance.

I also agree he might not be the only musician with that name.