Record Store Day

Unk

I ended up with the Crowded House live set and the Hendrix cd single. Was hoping to get the REM single box and the Pink Floyd live 66/67 too, but didn't see them.

What? No PT, Blackfield, SW solo stuff???

There actually was a SW release for Record Store Day, but only in the UK, I believe. A split 7" vinyl with Oceanside, consisting of their tracks from the Tim Smith/Cardiacs tribute album.

I dunno that I want this one track enough to buy the single on Ebay or wherever though. Might be easier to just buy the tribute album itself at some point!

I think I have all the major SW recordings, but not all the guest appearances. Would be tough to be a completist!

I ended up with the Crowded House live set and the Hendrix cd single. Was hoping to get the REM single box and the Pink Floyd live 66/67 too, but didn't see them.

I was really excited for the R.E.M. box until I saw that it was priced anywhere from $28-32. Sheesh!

Didn't even know what the majority of Record Store exclusives were. Didn't really interest me. I did get the Numero Uno exclusive compilation -- Pressed at Boddie. That was kind of cool. It will be interesting to see if they really did sell all of them (quite possibly) and, if not, will some turn up at Dusty Groove.

Was in Vinyl Exchange (used CDs and vinyl) this afternoon and the place was buzzin', as they say round here. As noted before, the record store future could be in this sort of place.

http://www.vinylexchange.co.uk/

I came out with a new copy of Here Comes Louis Smith for £4. (Carries a sticker "Promotional copy. Not for sale".)

Didn't even know what the majority of Record Store exclusives were. Didn't really interest me. I did get the Numero Uno exclusive compilation -- Pressed at Boddie. That was kind of cool. It will be interesting to see if they really did sell all of them (quite possibly) and, if not, will some turn up at Dusty Groove.

It looks like the LP and cassette versions of the Boddie exclusive are running low, but Reckless and Dusty Groove still have some of the CDs. Strangely enough, someone already put the CD version on eBay and got $40 for it while it is still available for about $15 at these other sites. Tempting I must say...

By the time I got there, my store had already sold out of the limited edition vinyl 45 of John Coltrane & Johnny Hartman. Maybe next year.

Or maybe it will turn up as a bonus CD to the next remastering of Coltrane/Hartman. Wasn't the last CD on the Brownie box something like 3 songs at 12-15 minutes (total, not each)?