What are you thinking now?

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking I wish I weren't almost 3,000 miles away from my wife and daughter. I'm thinking about the fragility of life when a child has to become the father to the man. And I'm thinking that Stephen Stills must have had that experience, because his singing, to which I'm currently listening, is the perfect soundtrack.

That being said--I'm also thinking about ducking in on friends from the old 'hood who I haven't seen in 20 years. Stills works for that too!

It's funny, for several reasons I now look forward to Monday in a way I used to look forward to Saturday and the weekend!

I used to get like that in the longer school holidays, back in the days when everything shut down on a Sunday. There was something 'world coming back to life' about Mondays. Maybe it's something I'll feel again when I retire. At the moment Friday evening is my weekly goal!

I'm thinking of getting on my motorcycle and going out of the city onto the state roads for a ride. The only thing that gets down into me and makes me burn with a quiet happiness like this other than this is being alone in my bedroom with my gal!

Looking out my office window, I'm thinking, why is Dallas spending millions of dollars to erect and construct a single white arch (with interlocking cables), perched atop a "bridge" which looks just like any other typical freeway overpass or bridge, across the Trinity "River" which most of the time resembles an anemic creek, all leading toward an apparent nowhere part of town?

Because it's more fun than fixing potholes?

Looking out my office window, I'm thinking, why is Dallas spending millions of dollars to erect and construct a single white arch (with interlocking cables), perched atop a "bridge" which looks just like any other typical freeway overpass or bridge, across the Trinity "River" which most of the time resembles an anemic creek, all leading toward an apparent nowhere part of town?

Because it's more fun than fixing potholes?

They fired those guys.

In truth, I kind of like the Arch--it should be cool whenever the Trinity floods next time.

I'm thinking that the only thing better that not getting dressed for work is not getting dressed at all. What a joy it will someday be able to stay home all day naked. Or a least draped only in hand-sewn silk robes with built-in holsters for my .45s. Because when your naked at home, you gotta be ready for surprises.

I'm thinking about starting a Walter Mosley novel. Never have read any, and found four of them for just over six dollars total, brand new, at the final days of a Borders store closing. Just finished reading the third of a fascinating trilogy of novels of the Amarna period of ancient Egypt by Paul C. Doherty.

Hey only one of us is talking about being naked! :)

I've been thinking a LOT lately about being alone in my house again, and looking forward anxiously to that in the near future, but I'll remain clothed during the day.

Right now thinking of what a loss it is that Barney Wilen has been gone so long and isn't here now.

Breakfast with my baby. Should be happening in about a half hour. Busy as she is this month, it may be the only time I see her today. I'm going to enjoy every second, every touch, every look, every sound her voice makes.