Way too many sub-forums!

crispi

Hello all,

I'm glad to have found this place on the Internet full with discussions on my favorite topic: jazz. But there's one thing that has kept me from enjoying this forum, and it's the fact that it has way too many sub-forums. I don't even know where to look. I appreciate the fact that the many categories seem to keep the place tidy and nice looking, but this keeps me from discovering new things and going outside of my known realm. For instance, I'm pretty young myself, but I'm not very interested in new jazz, I prefer stuff from the 50's and 60's. So I never go to the New Releases subforum, but what if I'm missing something that would have interested me if I had discovered it on this forum? Other times I just want to browse, but I spend most of the time clicking onto a subforums, finding out there's nothing new in there, clicking back, going into a new subforum and so on... Shouldn't there be an easier way to see what's new under a glance, rather than having all of these topics buried? Is there any option I've overlooked that enables me to watch all topics collected under one roof?

Also, from the perspective of a poster, sometimes I really don't know in what category to put my post? Is a newly discovered side by Charlie Parker a new issue? Well technically it is, but all the people looking for Charlie Parker will be in browsing the re-issue subcategory. There's a thread at the moment in the "Artist" subforum about recordings which were not released under the leader's name but under a different name. Shouldn't that be in the Discography section? Where do we draw the line? Also, why shouldn't be the vinyl people also be allowed to speak to the others? Why the separate room? etc etc.

Well, all I know is that I'm so confused that I'm subconsciously not visiting this forum as often as I would like to. All I'm seeing is trees, but I can't see the forest.

Thanks for listening,

crispi