Shawn in LA this weekend

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hang in there mate, true grit etc.

If it's any consolation I arrived in Tokyo in 1976 literally penniless, no kidding I had to beg ten yen to make a phone call!

It's not easy uprooting yourself and setting up in another place. At least you are in your own country and speak the language. :)

I'm not real familiar with the neighborhood yet, but I'm on W. Jefferson Blvd, the nearest major cross street is Arlington Ave. There is a public library directly across from the apartment (I'm using their free wireless temporarily) and a nice little park beside that.

I'm on the second floor, directly above a .99 cent store. Great building, tons of character, 12 foot ceilings, bay windows in the living room area. It's a bachelor, so there's no actual "kitchen", but the apartment comes with a full size fridge and a microwave. Nicely kept up, very secure (2 security doors on front and back), private gated parking out back, laundry room, etc.

It's really the coolest place I've had since I lived in Seattle over 10 years ago...I love these old buildings. The location was the real kicker though, it's so close to both downtown, Hollywood and the beach, it's wild. Just goes to show you that when something falls through...often something better comes along to take it's place.

Plus, it's about $50 cheaper than most "room-share" situations and I don't have to live with anyone else...except Pywacket of course. In fact, it's $75 a month cheaper than my apartment in Austin!

Whew. I'm SO GLAD to be out of that motel in the valley...

Edited by Shawn