TTK Seizes the Airwaves

Two upcoming Teasing the Korean radio shows on 88.5 WMNF

www.wmnf.org

On Wednesday, June 29, TTK will guest host Step Outside and present an all-Bernard Herrmann show, in honor of Bennie's 100th birthday. I will spin a combination of well-known stuff like "Psycho" in addition to lesser-played stuff like "Sisters" and "It's Alive." I will lean toward the sci-fi/fantasy side of the Herrmann spectrum.

Step Outside airs from 10 PM to midnight EST.

On Wednesday, July 20, TTK will guest host Latino 54 and present a signature blend of Afro-Cuban, bossa, MPB, boogaloo, and exotica.

Latino 54 airs from 3 to 4 PM EST.

If you can't listen live, both shows will be archived for one magical week, before disappearing forever into the ether.

Happy listening!

On Wednesday, June 29, TTK will guest host Step Outside and present an all-Bernard Herrmann show, in honor of Bennie's 100th birthday. I will spin a combination of well-known stuff like "Psycho" in addition to lesser-played stuff like "Sisters" and "It's Alive." I will lean toward the sci-fi/fantasy side of the Herrmann spectrum.

Any Twilight Zone material in there? Your TZ Jazz show kept me eerily entertained on an evening Eurostar trip back from Paris last year and I've been waiting for an excuse to thank you.

Any Twilight Zone material in there? Your TZ Jazz show kept me eerily entertained on an evening Eurostar trip back from Paris last year and I've been waiting for an excuse to thank you.

Thank you for the kind words! There is something great about finding the perfect music while you're traveling!

I will certainly play the music for the TZ pilot, "Where is Everybody?" to illustrate Herrmann's ability to take very minimalist thematic material - in this case a 3-note motif - and turn it into a score.