2011 Organissimo Football Pool

SS1 won this week's pool.

Van B is now the overall leader, but it's close.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Year: 2011 · 2010 · 2009 · 2008

Standings

Player Week 1 Week 2 Week 3 Week 4 Week 5 Total

Van Basten II 10 13 9 11 10 53

Connoisseur series 500 10 12 9 12 9 52

Edward 10 13 9 11 9 52

jazzmoose 11* 12 10* 12* 7 52

Aggie87 9 13 10 11 8 51

Noj 8 12 10 11 9 50

vajerzy 8 14* 10 10 8 50

Soulstation1 8 11+ 8+ 9+ 10* 46

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Four people tied this week.

Van B has the overall lead, but everyone is close. Big comeback by SS1, who has pulled himself within striking distance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Standings

Player Week 1 Week 2 Week 3 Week 4 Week 5 Week 6 Total

Van Basten II 10 13 9 11 10 11 64

Connoisseur series 500 10 12 9 12 9 11 63

Aggie87 9 13 10 11 8 11 62

Edward 10 13 9 11 9 9 61

jazzmoose 11* 12 10* 12* 7 9 61

Noj 8 12 10 11 9 9 59

vajerzy 8 14* 10 10 8 8 58

Soulstation1 8 11+ 8+ 9+ 10* 11* 57

• 3 weeks later...

Ok Guys- I want your opinion about adding picks after the lock take effect:

Moose and SS1 didn't get their picks in for Thanksgiving games. On Thursday I sent a message for them to send me their picks. Moose sent his Thursday night- I added them. SS1 sent me his yesterday evening. SS1 said he didn't have access to a computer for 3 days. He does have his picks in for today.

My question for the group: Do I add SS1's Thursday's picks to this week. He says he went 3-0.

I'll say yes- with the caveat that I don't add picks retroactively unless you let the group know ahead of time or around game time that you didn't or cannot get them in.

This is *our* pool- not *my* pool so this should be a group decision.

I'm ok with giving SS1 credit for his picks. I know there are times when we're out of pocket, especially during holidays.

If someone is consistently forgetting to put their picks in, that's different. Not fair to the group if someone can't get their picks in on time, then continues to say they picked 'em all correctly, after the fact.

I added it- unfortunately I took Philly as well (my team!)- I changed it at the last minute from SEA- I wish it locked for me! Oh well- college baskeball is in full swing and my umpire clinics start next month- something to look forward to...

BTW- we all are doing better than the "experts" on CBS Sports.

• 4 weeks later...

Hahaha, "chokes?" This whole thing is up for grabs. Last few games of the regular season will be a crapshoot, with teams that already clinched taking games off and other teams crumbling to pressure or rising to the occasion. Anybody's pool!

Wouldn't the tiebreaker be the points in the last week?

Sent you all a message from the O-pool...

To paraphrase, what should the tie-breaker be if NOJ chokes his 2 game lead and we have a tie for YTD wins?

I suggest that any tie be resolved by having the tied leaders select the winners of playoff games, week by week, until one person has taken the lead - a "sudden death" playoff.

To me, choosing a winner based on an individual's performance in any given week or weeks seems incredibly arbitrary. And I am not saying that because I have won only one week this season.

Alternatively, we might select a winner by looking at the tied leaders' MNF points predictions. For example, if one person's MNF points predictions are off by an average of one point each week and the other's are off by an average of two points, then the first person wins - obviously the actual calculations would probably be a little more complicated.

Hahaha, "chokes?" This whole thing is up for grabs. Last few games of the regular season will be a crapshoot, with teams that already clinched taking games off and other teams crumbling to pressure or rising to the occasion. Anybody's pool!

Wouldn't the tiebreaker be the points in the last week?

Agreed- I always hate the last week when doing pools. I think the pressure is all on you because this week is going to be like the last week of pre-season. Playoff teams sitting people, teams out of it seeing what they have for next year. Everyone behind you can take chances on the upsets- they have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Sent you all a message from the O-pool...

To paraphrase, what should the tie-breaker be if NOJ chokes his 2 game lead and we have a tie for YTD wins?

I suggest that any tie be resolved by having the tied leaders select the winners of playoff games, week by week, until one person has taken the lead - a "sudden death" playoff.

To me, choosing a winner based on an individual's performance in any given week or weeks seems incredibly arbitrary. And I am not saying that because I have won only one week this season.

Alternatively, we might select a winner by looking at the tied leaders' MNF points predictions. For example, if one person's MNF points predictions are off by an average of one point each week and the other's are off by an average of two points, then the first person wins - obviously the actual calculations would probably be a little more complicated.

You're asking me to do math?? I'm hoping NOJ or someone else wins this out-right.

It's YOUR pool (rhetorically) so a majority for tie-breaker would be nice. I'd like to hear from everyone.

I'll ask some friends in other pools and see what they propose.

Edited by vajerzy

Just hope we have a clean winner,

Here's my suggestion, it may be complicated to figure out but how about head on head results between the co leaders, the fellow that has won the most weeks in head to head matchups should be declared the winner. What I mean in case I'm not clear for every week of the pool you look at the week score and the player with the better result gets a win , the player that ends up with the most wins gets the edge. It should reward consistency.