Toussaint & Ribot

danasgoodstuff

• 4 weeks later...

No deleted post, just having fun with language, specifically with the comma changing the sence of the sentence (or, apparently, not). Yes, I did like it. Very much, in a not quite what I was expecting kinda way, hence the thread fishing for commentary from others. for those not familar with the full scope of his accomplishments, I saw a 2 CD package the other day covering 'solo' work and production work by allen T from back in the day, can't 'member the name right now.

I have to admit I don't have this, but I did get a chance to hear Toussaint playing live in Chicago and it was very enjoyable. He's actually said in a number of interviews that if it hadn't been for Katrina he would never have started touring or making some of these more recent recordings (I believe there is another one in the works to follow on from The Bright Mississippi). That said, some people were getting up on their hobbyhorse and saying what a farce that he was inducted into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame (is that right?) but only in the non-performer category. My feeling is that for the vast majority of his career he has been a behind the scenes writer and producer, so it wasn't really that much of a slight.

• 3 weeks later...