The Ultimate In Snake Oil Dispensation

Kevin Bresnahan

I just got a E-mail from Elusive Disc. Now on sale!! You must have this!!

http://www.elusivedisc.com/prodinfo.asp?number=ABED-QUAD3&utm_source=email&utm_medium=special

Now on sale for a mere $199, a machine that spins your CDs, DVDs and even BluRay discs at "quad speed" and fires 4 LASERS AT ONCE at the disc to "POLARIZE THE POLYMER" to allow you to "maximize the laser's ability to retrieve stored data". And get this, "by using the Bedini Quad-Beam 3 Ultra Clarifier to treat your CD's before playing, you will discover a distinct improvement in video and audio quality". Whoa!! So it's like... dude, when you play your disc later, your player will actually read all those 1's & 0's the way they were laid down. Awesome!

This is so #%$%@*&% stupid!!!

Please tell me that no one here actually fell for this. Please. I think too highly of you to believe any of you would fall for this absolute BS. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just got a E-mail from Elusive Disc. Now on sale!! You must have this!!

http://www.elusivedisc.com/prodinfo.asp?number=ABED-QUAD3&utm_source=email&utm_medium=special

Now on sale for a mere $199, a machine that spins your CDs, DVDs and even BluRay discs at "quad speed" and fires 4 LASERS AT ONCE at the disc to "POLARIZE THE POLYMER" to allow you to "maximize the laser's ability to retrieve stored data". And get this, "by using the Bedini Quad-Beam 3 Ultra Clarifier to treat your CD's before playing, you will discover a distinct improvement in video and audio quality". Whoa!! So it's like... dude, when you play your disc later, your player will actually read all those 1's & 0's the way they were laid down. Awesome!

This is so #%$%@*&% stupid!!!

Please tell me that no one here actually fell for this. Please. I think too highly of you to believe any of you would fall for this absolute BS. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You might find a few "believers" over on a certain board (you know which one I mean :))

You might find a few "believers" over on a certain board (you know which one I mean :))

Don't you know it, Hans! I could never post this on the Hoffman forum. There are too many loonies for this crap over there. Heck, the inventor of the Bedini Quad-Beam 3 Ultra Clarifier is probably a member there.

And you just *know* how the thread's gonna go too. "I hear what I hear and no one can tell me I don't hear it". No matter that it's scientifically impossible to hear wider soundstage, deeper bass, "darker blacks" (whatever the hell that's supposed to mean) etc. by flipping a couple of bits (worst case) in a digital bitstream.

When will the audiophile fringe stop applying analog (LP) playback problems to digital discs? Cleaning up the surface of an LP will make it play back better. Cleaning up the surface of a digital disc will make it have less (completely correctable) errors. It simply cannot change what is digitally encoded on that disc. All the terms they use to describe the changes they "hear" with digital disc treatments would require a change in 100's of millions of 1's & 0's.