Ricky Ford

Hardbopjazz

Oh yeah, those Waldron albums. Fantastic. Both Ford & Fortune are smoking.

Given that today is the 11th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, and that many believe that the mystery of TWA Flight 800 hasn't really been solved, Ricky Ford's sad connection to Wayne Shorter should be mentioned, and the victims of that 1996 crash also remembered in our prayers.

I knew about Wayne's wife. What's the Ford connection?

i was about to ask that myself. i don't get the "connection". the TWA tragedy has its anniversary in July.

Oh yeah, those Waldron albums. Fantastic. Both Ford & Fortune are smoking.

Given that today is the 11th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, and that many believe that the mystery of TWA Flight 800 hasn't really been solved, Ricky Ford's sad connection to Wayne Shorter should be mentioned, and the victims of that 1996 crash also remembered in our prayers.

I knew about Wayne's wife. What's the Ford connection?

i was about to ask that myself. i don't get the "connection". the TWA tragedy has its anniversary in July.

See my post #18. Ricky Ford's mom was on that flight on her way to visit her son in Paris. Wayne's wife was also on the flight. The July anniversary is irrelevant. I was also making a connection to the 9/11 anniversary in that there are still many in our country who do not believe that the TWA case was really "solved" (ie., there are those who believe that the crash was the result of an attack of some sort which was covered up by the government).

• 7 months later...
  • 3 years later...