tonight at small's

Wednesday and Thursday Smalls will be hosting the Brooklyn Underground Jazz Festival. We generally do this every year and the program is a good mixture of bands from this organization. We'll be presenting three bands a night. On Wednesday is Owen Howard's band "Drum Lore", followed by vocalist Tammy Scheffer's sextet and then closing with Rob Garcia and his excellent group. On Thursday is Dave Smith's band followed by Dave Cook and his trio and then closing out the night with Adam Kolker and his excellent group. This is a lot of music packed into two nights. One cover gets you all the shows (per night) - so come on out and support Brooklyn in Greenwich Village.

It didn't take long to realize I really like Tammy Scheffer's singing and her band.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tonight performing the beautiful understated eloquent soulful sounds of tenorman greg tardy and his longstanding quartet with some very pretty introspective music---

The Greg Tardy Quartet
9:30 PM to 12:00 AM
Greg Tardy - Tenor Sax
Joel Weiskopf - Piano
Sean Conly - Bass
Jaimeo Brown - Drums
live webcast------
ah, tardy pulls the clarinet out of his bag-------gorgeous tone--------------i purchase perhaps 5 recordings per year, but i will definitely pick up on his spirituals recording.
Edited by alocispepraluger102

Free Live Video Stream Today and Tonight!
www.smallsjazzclub.com
Tuesday June 11
7:30 PM to 9:30 PM
- The Mike Hashim Trio
Mike Hashim - Alto Sax , Spike Wilner - Piano
- Vocalist Cyrille Aimee
Cyrille Aimee - Vocalist , Michael Valeanu - Guitar , Adrien Moignard - Guitar , Sam Anning - Bass , Rajiv Jayaweera - Drums
Midnight to close
- The Next Generation Sessions hosted by Kyle Poole and Friends
Just go to www.smallsjazzclub and click "LIVE VIDEO" today. We hope you enjoy the shows. If you've enjoyed it , we hope you consider becoming a subscribing member!

www.smallsjazzclub.com
Tuesday June 11
7:30 PM to 9:30 PM
- The Mike Hashim Trio
Mike Hashim - Alto Sax , Spike Wilner - Piano
- Vocalist Cyrille Aimee
Cyrille Aimee - Vocalist , Michael Valeanu - Guitar , Adrien Moignard - Guitar , Sam Anning - Bass , Rajiv Jayaweera - Drums
Midnight to close
- The Next Generation Sessions hosted by Kyle Poole and Friends
Just go to www.smallsjazzclub and click "LIVE VIDEO" today. We hope you enjoy the shows. If you've enjoyed it , we hope you consider becoming a subscribing member!

cyrille aimee---a dynamite entertainer with unsurpassed stage presence accompanied by a great international band. her voice has to be dog tired after a brutal schedule.

a chance to hear free tonight john ellis, nate smith, and aaron parks-3 musicians whose performances are always top shelf, pretty, meaty, and interesting..
www.smallsjazzclub.com
Wednesday June 19
6:00 PM to 8:45 PM -
Tap Dance Jam! Hosted by Michela Lerman
Michela Marino Lerman - Tap Dancer ,
9:30 PM to 12:00 AM -
The Nir Felder Quartet
Nir Felder - Guitar , Aaron Parks - Piano , Matt Penman - Bass , Nate Smith - Drums
12:30 AM to Close -
The Aidan Carroll Quartet
John Ellis - Tenor Sax , Sullivan Fortner - Piano , Aidan Carroll - Bass , Darrell Green - Drums

up now a real nice swinging group----

The Joe Cohn/Peter Beets Trio
7:30 PM to 9:45 PM
Joe Cohn - Guitar
Peter Beets - Piano
Paul Gill - Bass
laurence leathers-drums
"" Such an awesome talent should be cherished and applauded, as it isn't an everyday occurrence. Beets is a fully grown monster, and it may not be long before Jazz lovers on both sides of the ocean become aware of that." Jack Bowers, Cadence Records"

Tap Dance Jam
Hosted by Michela Lerman
The Simona Premazzi Quartet CD release "The Lucid Dreamer"
Simona Premazzi - Piano , Damion Reid - Drums , Melissa Aldana - Tenor Sax , Desmond White - Bass
12:30 AM to Close
"Round Midnight" with:
The Jared Gold Trio
Jared Gold - Organ , Dave Stryker - Guitar , Chris Beck - Drums

Tap Dance Jam
Hosted by Michela Lerman
Simona Premazzi - Piano , Damion Reid - Drums , Melissa Aldana - Tenor Sax , Desmond White - Bass
"Round Midnight" with:
The Jared Gold Trio

Greg Osby sitting is currently sitting in with the Simona Premazzi Quartet.

Tap Dance Jam
Hosted by Michela Lerman
"Round Midnight" with:
The Jared Gold Trio

that was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tap Dance Jam
Hosted by Michela Lerman
"Round Midnight" with:
The Jared Gold Trio

that was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Indeed it was. Last Saturday night, Greg Osby's group played at Shapeshifter Lab (after a week at the Village Vanguard the preceding week), and I was fortunate to be there. Simona Premazzi was on piano. It was a fabulous set.

Edited by kh1958

i took a recording of the 2 to 4am segment along on my walk today and listened, carefully. the polish, perfection, creativity, musicality, and nuance in these performances is unbelievable. this is not casual music to these artists, this is their reason for living. bravo to each artist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!thank you, smalls.

"I've been working closely with my friend Dennis Jeter, who is programming the new site for me to my specs. It's been fun to redesign the site and to think about things like metrics (how we measure how many minutes are listened to) and how to formalize the automatic payouts to the artists. As the project progresses I am getting more and more excited. As I mentioned, we are about to launch our crowd-funding campaign to raise the funds to finish building out the site, upgrade our cameras and recording equipment and - most importantly, replace our Steinway piano which, although a noble beast, is on it's last legs and needs desperately to be replaced. I know everyone and their grandmother is doing crowd funding but we are going to try and offer some unique gifts for the donor levels and even a private concert. I'll officially announce everything next week. I welcome your comments at smallsjazzclub@gmail.com"

sunday night(now, till midnight edt) one of my favorite pianists!!!!!!!!!!!

Pete Malinverni - Piano
Ugonna Okegwo - Bass
Eliot Zigmund - Drums

pete gave a spiritual rich inspired performance in his genial casual way. apparently, having the club open for this magnificent session was his idea. the owner intended to be closed. i'm just sick that i did not record the performance.