tonight at small's

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"And I think the model has a good chance of working. Some of our free web streams of performances at Smalls have had ten thousand views in a night. Often it’s four to ten thousand. So we think that we could really generate a lot of business worldwide, which could translate to more revenue for us to pay bills and some more revenue for musicians whose music is popular. It would even incentivize musicians to try to get more traffic to our site and to their music, which would also help build our site."

Spike

I'm really enjoying the Stacey Dillard set tonight, also including Tivon Penicott.

missed last night-love those great saturday jam sessions.

tivon is doing the midnight set tonight, as well. tivon is a beautiful pianist.

Midnight to close
Tivon Pennicott - Tenor Sax
Tuomo Uusitalo - Piano
Tamir Shmerling - Bass
Jason Brown - Drums
Edited by alocispepraluger102

Missed that but I'm going to to listen to some of the Jason Lindner trio, since Juini Booth is on bass.

Very nice group; I hadn't heard Juini Booth since McCoy Tyner's Song of the New World/Atlantis/Enlightenment. Also, Eric McPherson on drums.

the above is most enjoyable aggregation. leader mcpherson sits at the drums. numbers are not announced. they are chosen very complementary to each other. what a classy, but not hauty presentation.

tenor artist abraham burton has a toneand style very reminiscent of an early charles lloyd, with just a bit more bite at times. this is one of the most enjoyable groups i've enjoyed all year.

Edited by alocispepraluger102