NBA 2012 -- 2013

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because they're not good right now. Starting and backup point guards are hurt. Their older players are having a tough time playing defense. There's not enough shooters to spread the floor so they're all struggling on offense. D'Antoni was the wrong choice for coach because he's never had post players. Etc. etc.

They're on third and fourth string point guards plus Pau Gasol is out, and the roster isn't deep enough to overcome that many guys out. Plus idiot stick Jimmy Buss hired D'Antoni instead of Phil Jackson aka the best coach in NBA history. Personally, as much as I like Gasol, I think they should move him, Artest, and any players not named Bryant, Howard, Nash, or Jordan Hill for shooters/youth and a better backup point guard. That, and Jimmy should hand the reigns back to Jeannie.

Edited by Noj

Personally, as much as I like Gasol, I think they should move him...

It makes complete sense moving him for a couple of guys to deepen the team but due to the tendonitis (and boy do I feel for him - it's absolute painful hell!) what they'll get for him is less & less for each day he's out, as whoever takes him is taking more of a chance. (Btw, Hi Philly). And while I know it's early, does a small part of you think "fuck, Howard isn't the future, or not one I want to be a part of." Uh, unless Donald the Mafia Clown outlaws Hack-A-Shaq.

That, and Jimmy should hand the reigns back to Jeannie.

You know it! Jeannie comes across as being bright anytime you hear her interviewed. Jimmy? Duhr...

Edited by Quincy

Personally, as much as I like Gasol, I think they should move him...

It makes complete sense moving him for a couple of guys to deepen the team but due to the tendonitis (and boy do I feel for him - it's absolute painful hell!) what they'll get for him is less & less for each day he's out, as whoever takes him is taking more of a chance. (Btw, Hi Philly). And while I know it's early, does a small part of you think "fuck, Howard isn't the future, or not one I want to be a part of." Uh, unless Donald the Mafia Clown outlaws Hack-A-Shaq.

I actually wasn't that thrilled to get Howard. I guess it's better than China Doll Bynum. Howard might spend one season in a Lakers uniform and leave for all we know. Temperamental prima donna.

I've actually prepared myself mentally for the prospect that Kobe's career will peter out with a whimper, and that the Lakers will be back to square one as a franchise. I lived through the Vlade Divac years, I know what it's like for them to be shitty.

• 3 weeks later...