Problem with Mosaic order

• 3 weeks later...

Good to hear! Hope you'll stay a customer!

An alternative (sometimes a bit cheaper) for European orders is the shop jazzmessengers.com from Barcelona (they're a real store with mail order, as I understand it). Excellent service and fast delivery, too (though delivery can of course be slowed down massively by customs or your country, happened to me quite often and with annoying taxes and fees lately ... even if they just do a routine check and the result is: no taxes due, I've got to pay for them doing that check, now if that ain't crazy ...).

An alternative (sometimes a bit cheaper) for European orders is the shop jazzmessengers.com from Barcelona (they're a real store with mail order, as I understand it). Excellent service and fast delivery, too (though delivery can of course be slowed down massively by customs or your country, happened to me quite often and with annoying taxes and fees lately ... even if they just do a routine check and the result is: no taxes due, I've got to pay for them doing that check, now if that ain't crazy ...).

Jazzmessengers.com is based in Barcelona, Spain, so there'll be no routine checks or taxes and customs fees within the European Union.

The mosaic customs declaration on both the defective and replacement orders listed a value of only $35. Not enough for Dutch customs to bother on both occasions, though a few Euros above the limit. When they do charge you for a €25 import all sorts of administrative costs are added and you are presented with a bill of never less than about €13.

If Mosaic always declare a value near $100 too low on customs declarations, I'll keep taking my changes ordering from the US.

Making people pay for a routine check when no customs duties are due is preposterous. Aren't these civil servants' wages already payed out of tax payers' money?

Edited by erwbol

Making people pay for a routine check when no customs duties are due is preposterous. Aren't these civil servants' wages already payed out of tax payers' money?

I'd think so, too! I rang them up to ask and that's the answer I got, and the guy even had the guts to add: "and now, what exactly is your question?" - ha! No use debating with someone like that!

The fees they add here are about the same, but around 50€ is tax- and fee-free (same if it's Europe or overseas though, as we're not part of the former either).

Jazzmessengers can be asked about the declaration value, too, btw - only did it once so far and it worked fine, now I'm waiting for the Threadgill from them (Mosaic says "second half of 2013", that can mean nearly another year of waiting, which I'm not patient enough for right now, sorry!)

I'd think so, too! I rang them up to ask and that's the answer I got, and the guy even had the guts to add: "and now, what exactly is your question?" - ha! No use debating with someone like that!

The fees they add here are about the same, but around 50€ is tax- and fee-free (same if it's Europe or overseas though, as we're not part of the former either).

Jazzmessengers can be asked about the declaration value, too, btw - only did it once so far and it worked fine, now I'm waiting for the Threadgill from them (Mosaic says "second half of 2013", that can mean nearly another year of waiting, which I'm not patient enough for right now, sorry!)

Oh, can big box sets also be on backorder? I somehow assumed only Selects weren't pressed all at once. Like the Pullen sets' masters being destroyed before reaching the 5000 limit? ;)

Plenty of big sets on backorder, yes ... as for Selects, I wonder if the Bobby Hutcherson will ever be back at all!

Says end of Januar 2013, which is now ... let's hope that's roughly true, I just want it before it goes the way of the dodo, too!

That one has been on backorder for like seven years (at least that's how long it feels to me).

Jazzmessengers.com is based in Barcelona, Spain, so there'll be no routine checks or taxes and customs fees within the European Union.

I recently placed an order with Jazz Messengers - free overseas shipping on orders over 60 euros (not hard to reach) - very happy with the service & shipping times

The way the Aussie $ is at present it's much cheaper buying direct from Mosaic (prefer to do this anyway) than sourcing from Jazz Messengers

Have been very lucky with customs charges etc here in Australia - only been hit once since 1986 (was charged duty in 1986 on the Frank Zappa Old Masters Vol. 1 Box & since then nix)

I sweated while waiting for the ellington RCA box (was expecting to pay duty on that but it did not eventuate)

I had an email on the 20th saying that the Gerry Mulligan and Bobby Hutcherson selects were back in stock

Okay, even though I signed up for their mailing list anew (after asking them in mails to please keep sending me mails and being told yes of course) I still get no emails, that is getting weird. Glad to get most relevant information right here.

I looked at the costs of using Jazz Messengers vs Mosaic. Ordering to the UK the Spanish outfit only made sense when ordering a Select. Otherwise Mosaic seemed only marginally more costly and then you get their brilliant customer service. Witness , I only quite recently opened a disc of my Art Pepper select , to find it defective. Now Mosaic weren't able to replace he disc for the obvious OOP reason. I was however given discount off my next purchase

. Not bad I'd say, especially as I must have ordered the Pepper set some 4 yrs. or so previously. Amazing service in my book. They get my custom.

Yes, I'm ordering straight from Mosaic whenever possible.

But recently got two (running low) Selects and currently waiting for delivery of the Threadgill.

Jazzmessengers' service is very good, delivery very fast, too.

I'd just be real happy to be included on the Mosaic mailing list again - it's been a year or two and I asked them by mail several times and also entered my email address into the respective window on their site again several weeks back. I don't get it, but they seem to not want me any more or some such ... can't be too much work, I'm sure it's all automated anyway!