Dunno.

I haven't watched the Grammys for years.

Then why start a thread bitching about something you don't watch? :lol:

I don't "watch" musicians record their CDs either, but I can still critique the content after listening. The Internet is full of Grammy video, ergo, the same critiques could be made.

I thought that was made clear. My mistake.

Damn those holes; they're everywhere!

Yeah, for some they are located between the ears of those from that other website....I won't speculate.

Edited by GoodSpeak

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bottom line: the Black Keys are a lame nerdy act for white college boys with pimples who think they're cool

I may be unaware of the latest trends but I thought nerdy was the new "cool". Just look at those big ole horn rimmed glasses the pro athletes are wearing as well as the fact that "nerds" are today's success story. I thought the Black Keys drummer was a trend setter. No comment on the music.

Bottom line: the Black Keys are a lame nerdy act for white college boys with pimples who think they're cool

I may be unaware of the latest trends but I thought nerdy was the new "cool". Just look at those big ole horn rimmed glasses the pro athletes are wearing as well as the fact that "nerds" are today's success story. I thought the Black Keys drummer was a trend setter. No comment on the music.

I know, but I don't buy that. Once found myself amidst the crowd exiting a hall after a Wilco concert ... and these guy (and gals) looked almost like an army in their hipster uniforms ;)

The Grammys are always about the most popular pop acts of the year. The show has never been a documentary about the most artistically valid, high quality music on the planet that year. It is not a non-commercial arts presentation. It is not called the "High Quality Art Music Awards" show.

The show has never presented a large amount of jazz and classical music. So why do we have a thread every year expressing negative emotion about the fact that top selling pop music dominates the show?

It is like tuning into the major league baseball all star game and then beginning a thread on how shocked you are that a championship chess match was not broadcast. It's just two completely different things.

It is like tuning into the major league baseball all star game and then beginning a thread on how shocked you are that a championship chess match was not broadcast. It's just two completely different things.

Now you've done it! Conn makes his appearance in the baseball thread this July!

I watched the Grammy show this year. There was a good but too short tribute to Dave Brubeck with Chick Corea and Kenny Garrett .i thought that several of the pop singers sang really well, especially Rihanna and Carrie Underwood, who sang outside their best known styles and gave beautiful performances, I thought. I also liked the all star version of "The Weight" in tribute to Levon Helm. I thought that Bruno Mars sang well in the Bon Marley tribute and that Kelly Clarkson was surprisingly good singing Carole King, Some of the other performances were energetic and better than I would expect on a show like this . I did not like some of the performances very much